Security Installer Community

Use Staples?

Yep agree. but unless you get the pressure spot on it crushes the cable. staple guns only have 2 settings, and there is no way of judging the hardness of the particular spot you are driving one into, so even if they had multiple settings, still no good for a coax. when i say crushes, its only a minor change of the shape of the cable that is needed to affect it, so staple guns are a no-no in the coaxial world :(

I would if I used one. Someone makes a staple with a "small plastic bridge" for want of a better description, so it only goes as deep as the leg. Hence it wont crush the cable. Think Ive even seen it advertised for Sparkies?

but for coax? a no-no imo.

I think it would depend on the quality of the cable, and insulating material.

Never seen any problems on site with un-insulated ones.

There 14mm long so hardly push on the cable at all.

I would if I used one. Someone makes a staple with a "small plastic bridge" for want of a better description, so it only goes as deep as the leg. Hence it wont crush the cable. Think Ive even seen it advertised for Sparkies?

Insulated Staples. Used one for Mains/Shotgun Cable very handy, staples can work out expensive tho.

There's a new type called UTAC which is a solid plastic staple, no metal at all.

UTAC staples are ideal for fixing to wood, fibre-board, all types of wood boards, plasterboard and even solid insulation blocks such as thermalite

arrow, still think no more than 50 volts ?

Only insulated/non metal staples if voltage higher than ELV.

I would be lost without my staplers, used correctly they make cabling look tidy.