Security Installer Community

Veritas Keypad Replacement

Hi , I am changing the keypad on a veritas alarm as the keypad is worn through and the no.4 no longer works. Spoke to veritas and they said keypads are universal , but upon reconnections, bell box goes into tamper mode and keypad is unresponsive. Any thoughts as to what the problem is ? cheers,

keypad universal ?? we don't use the Veritas panel as a norm but have worked on a few and would find it hard to believe that any key pad would work best look for the panel range that you have eg veritas 8 and find key pad that is spec'd for that panel led/LCD possibly the ment all keypads in the veritas range will work standard /led/LCD ? :whistle:

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Check the keypad address is identical to the old one

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

keypad universal ?? we don't use the Veritas panel as a norm but have worked on a few and would find it hard to believe that any key pad would work best look for the panel range that you have eg veritas 8 and find key pad that is spec'd for that panel led/LCD possibly the ment all keypads in the veritas range will work standard /led/LCD ? :whistle:

Hi , yes it is a veritas 8 and I asked for a seies 8 keypad and thats when they informed me they were all compatible, but i think i'll go back and check again as i wasn't convinced first time.cheers.

Check the keypad address is identical to the old one

i will go back and talk to technical. cheers.

Hi , yes it is a veritas 8 and I asked for a seies 8 keypad and thats when they informed me they were all compatible, but i think i'll go back and check again as i wasn't convinced first time.cheers.

i will go back and talk to technical. cheers.

A Veritas should have a Veritas K series keypad.

They should be compatible with the two versions of Veritas (pre-2000/post-2000)

The address switches are located on the side of PCB

Is it one of these? This thread is worth a read.

Archived