Security Installer Community

Roller Shutter 1 Or 2 Contacts?

progear

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, which panel, what grade etc .......... and any chance of a drawing how you intend to do it?

Hmmm..... Tricky to put into words, like a set of double doors two contacts across 1 resister then EOL and back to the panel. Its a grade 2 system so all connections will need to be made in appropriate JB's. I plan to series up the tampers i.e. R/S loop and JB switches then sort the 2 contacts across one resister bit.

Well I haven't gave the G3 option any thought because it's a G2 system but.....correct me if I'm wrong thats why I'm on this forum, the circuit wiring will stay the same but the RS's will need to have magnetic tampering detection the JB's are already G3 so no change there. Is there anything else?

Well I haven't gave the G3 option any thought because it's a G2 system but.....correct me if I'm wrong thats why I'm on this forum, the circuit wiring will stay the same but the RS's will need to have magnetic tampering detection the JB's are already G3 so no change there. Is there anything else?

He is just trying to catch you out, trick question.

As far as I can see from this post, it's a grade 2 system so you'll be fine with a single contact.

That is not correct, the grade makes no difference to the amount of contacts. If the shutter requires 2 due to size then it gets 2. We tend to go with a contact and IR beam these days due to shutter being cut or rammed.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering is there any regs reguarding when a roller shutter is wide enough to need a contact on both sides? I have a job starting soon and the R/Shutters are about 3.3m wide.

Over 6 feet wide, 2 Contacts. Measurement gives age of advice but holds well. Not nice to see door wedged open other side to contact and access gained by undesireables.

• 7 months later...