Security Installer Community

Id Plus Contacts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dont fit one in a engineering workshop. We've got a food factory in a huge mill in Manchester. Originally loads of little alarms on site so we fitted a 2500, with mixture of iD and HW nodes. We had a leg that went into the onsite engineers workshop. Wired in screened, all fine and dandy................ until they stuck up the mig welder :( Lesson learnt with that, swapped out to HW!

Just dont fit one in a engineering workshop.

had karzima led in unscreened w/o issue in same sort of place.

whilst a castle in office on screened with caps midway in devices had hissy hit once a yr, changed to prem devices untouched rock solid

Mr? Veritas God

• 4 months later...

Personally I prefer EOL all the way. Given with a galaxy you can wire 2 zones on 3 cores of a cable, it's easy enough to bring 4 zones to a single point with a pair left over for power on an 8-core Cable.

I have fitted loads of ID panels, never get any trouble and love the way they work. Conventional & EOL give me the hump.........

Maybe, we do have loads out there still, but one or two a year do have a wobble from time to time, random tamps etc. If we suspect the panel, the customer has 3 options. Prem with a id expander, replace all old whit biscuits for iD +, rewire to eol if poss, or Gal with wireless. Spent too much time chasing random faults over the years, not worth the heartache.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well Honeywell own the rights for iD, and dont make an iD panel. So its not really a priority for them to make biscuits is it.

They will just keep going up IMO until demand drops then they will end

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 10 months later...

I have fitted loads of ID panels, never get any trouble and love the way they work. Conventional & EOL give me the hump.........

Why ? There's nothing simpler than Double pole or DEOL.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Well it should be easy, fault here then it should be there and so on. But it depends on who installed it, how many bloody joints and soldered or not.

Moisture was an issue. ( A few night clubs with open out fire doors and the contacts flush and hole exposed to the air as they had drilled thru the timber totally).

As I said about Castle all they taught you was fault finding nothing on the panel (Virtually).

( A few night clubs with open out fire doors and the contacts flush and hole exposed to the air as they had drilled thru the timber totally).

not really an iD issue ?

potted contact & biscuit in a JB & bob could have been your uncle ?

Mr? Veritas God

Had 1 site that drove me crazy, throwing up faults all over the place. Turned out to be due to 2 biscuits fitted into unsealed external enclosures, ok not actually an ID fault but it would have been a lot easier to narrow it down on a DP or DEOL circuit.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

I installed my first ID system over 20 years ago, with an ADE Ultimate panel. I have been fitting ID (where appropriate) ever since. I have not experienced any particular issues with either performance or fault finding ID and can honestly say that it is no more or less reliable than either DP or EOL. The system installed in 1992 is still working absolutely fine with no issues (except when a squirrel chewed through a cable in the attic), was monitored with Police response from day 1 and still has response now.

As a circuit monitoring technology I think ID is absolutely brilliant and will continue to install it until it becomes unavailable.

The technology was originally invented (I believe) in America and was intended to provide switch monitoring for machines. As Honeywell now own the ADE brand which originally bought the rights to ID in the UK you rightly observe that they probably have little interest in it, but it is still probably earning them money as a number of other manufacturers took on ID and still produce equipment for it. I suspect that ID will still be around in one form or another for many years yet......

I thought it was developed for use in cars. I don't think it will be around for long, if it could do mask etc then it would do longer. Addressable detectors and RF will take over imo

Correct the technology was developed for the auto trade, and the biscuits now are obsolete

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

A dedicated data line and RIO's kind of put paid to ID Biscuits I thought? You can do so much more for essentially running the same cable around site.

iD biscuit came after these ?

If you can do the basic of alarms (terminate devices correctly) iD was a nice stable technology & no more hassle than DP or EOL.

Done poorly a iD system is f'kin nightmare

Mr? Veritas God

iD biscuit came after these ?

If you can do the basic of alarms (terminate devices correctly) iD was a nice stable technology & no more hassle than DP or EOL.

Done poorly a iD system is f'kin nightmare

I have no experience with iD. Other than cost implications I can't see any benefit it offers an installer compared to a data line? Or was it just another way to skin a cat.

Archived