Security Installer Community

Replacing Control Panel

jonm

Hi- I've had some quotes to replace my scantronic 9800 panel ( which has failing keypad buttons) with a new panel. Options seem to be a Galaxy G2-12 with proximity tag, Veritas R8, or Guardall RX16i. There are only 8 zones, bells only system. The PIRs ( 3) are around 17 yrs old. I just hoped for some advice available as to any panel preference from the above, and would it be wise to conisder replacing the PIRs as well at this stage, ( they all seem ok) or leaving these for the present. ( I had posted previously in diy section as I had thought of getting an old 9800 keypad off ebay, but, as advised, decided against this.) Thanks for any advice.

All panels are suitable for the job, the Veritas being the most basic with LED indication rahter than LCD, I also would look to change the pirs. (though 17 years is not a bad life for a pir)

the M600 from Menvier would also be a good choice as long as you have a 6 core to the key pad the end station is about the same size as the old 9800

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Thanks for all the advice, decided on the Galaxy in the end, which seems excellent, just a small redecorating issue due to the different size, and rather loud entry exit tones! otherwise excellent. The engineer was definite that the 'sms'text function could not be set up, not quite sure why, so stayed with just sounders. Thanks again.

Archived