Security Installer Community

Camera Failure

Driller

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried rebooting yesterday, no luck. Friend says the image came back completely normally again a few times in the morning. Seems that the hot sun of the day puts it out of action later on, could be a coincidence :hmm: Voltage is good at supply end, going to open camera up wednesday and take some measurements then.

Going up there this morning to test the camera end. Bit of advice, is it OK to test voltage at camera end whilst the load is connected? I disconnected the camera feed at the power supply end just to be on the safe side but I'm pretty sure it won't make any difference?

cheers

Going up there this morning to test the camera end. Bit of advice, is it OK to test voltage at camera end whilst the load is connected? I disconnected the camera feed at the power supply end just to be on the safe side but I'm pretty sure it won't make any difference?

cheers

BTW I meant in parallel obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got up there today. Tested voltage at camera end (13V) and plugged in my test monitor-same problem. Tried resetting to defaults in the on board menu, no joy. The camera has still continued to work on and off apparently but I've taken it down and will get it replaced.

Thing is, I turned off the power to the Dantech to remove the camera supply, and when I turned the power back on, the other SVD4600 came back with a red/pink hue to the image. Tried rebooting several times, no difference, so it looks like this one is "fooked" too.

What the hell is going on with these things? :angry:

Archived