Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm Block Off Apartments

a1steve

can anyone help me I need some advises on a fire system that in install in a block off apartments. The fire alarm does not sound on any off the floors because its monitored. The alarm does sound in the underground car park witch is ok. I am after some advise on why there is sounder fitted on the flat roof on the outside on the 9 and 12 floor is so if you are working on the roof you know the alarm has gone off ? do we need to keep them ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume part 6 in the flat & part 1 in the public area's

w/o plans of the building the "strangeness" of what discribe could be anything.

However I'm guessing "bag of poo" if you are doing anthing with the system doucment everthing

Mr? Veritas God

has anyone got a copy off the regs on fire systems that could send me the bit that says about sounders

sounders is mentioned all over the doucment, howver 60db though out he building & 2 circuits is kinda the min ?

Mr? Veritas God

has anyone got a copy off the regs on fire systems that could send me the bit that says about sounders

The regs are copyright of British Standard. Duplicating/copying/publishing Etc. is not allowed.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

yesterday are block had a fire risk assement by total fire service ldt http://www.totalfireservicesltd.co.uk/clients2.htm

I asked the following

1. Why have sounders been fitted on the 9 floor flat roof outside and also shows a sounder on the 12 floor roof ?

2. If there was a fire at 3 am in the car park the fire alarm has triggered but the redcarse is not working so no one would know that there is a fire in the block because there is no sounders on any off the floors and we have also removed the sounder on the 12 floor. This is why I think we should not be removing the sounder on the 12 floor because it would let someone in the block know that there is a fire. so were would be stand if this was to happen ?

This is what they said

In regard to 1, (I have identified in section 10 of the review) I can see no reason for the sounder in 214/215 or any other sounder outside the car park areas.

In regard to 2, I have also explained the normal evac strategy for flats in section 10 (i.e. stay put) therefore due to the building fire resistance and compartmentation there should be no to have a fire alarm signal relayed to a sounder in some part of the building above.

If the redcare is working this would also address the writers concerns, however even if it wasn't working I refer to the answer above.

anyone got any feedback on this it would help. I have asked them to tell me what brish standers and leval the system has been fitted to waiting for there reply from them

Archived