Security Installer Community

Cop Security Inspire Blue Dvr

bgd

Hi,

I have replaced my old Baxall Vivid Plus with Cop Security Inspire Blue INS-DVR16P DVR, however I am having issues with remote connectivity (main reason why I replaced Baxall otherwise it was a sound dvr).

I have opened all ports in the router (Netgear DG2000N) as per the manual and installed 'aplayer' as well as 'meyepro v2' apps on iPhone. Both apps can connect to the DVR, but they keep crashing / closing down intermittently, sometimes they will stream for a few mins max - any idea on this? Can anyone recommend another iPhone app that's more reliable or do you think the fault could be at dvr end?

In addition connectivity via IE8 browser works (Firefox or Safari no go), but sometimes logon screen refuses to accept my credentials even though I know they are correct :hmm:.

The DVR itself is top model from the new 'blue' range and it's fairly quiet,very easy to use, but remote connectivity drives me nuts.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

We install these, very easy unit to set up for remote.

It sounds to me like your ie log-in issues may be due to your command port. When it doesn't allow you access check the command port is open with ping.eu or the like.

never had any issues with their recommended apps.

Thanks ADI and alterEgo!

Downloaded DMSS (the free one),but it would not even connect where aplayer and myeyeprov2 do.

Hmmm, tested status of the ports I used for Inspire and they are all showing as closed (according to ping.eu and yougetsignal.com)so I am puzzled..

I have added services for Inspire DVR (command, video, http and iphone)as well as Firewall rules for each in the Netgear DGN2000 all pointing to the DVR's ip address: 192.168.0.16 and to allow access.

The router is used as DHCP and has NAT enabled.I also reserved the above ip address for the DVR under LAN setup.

Btw, I have used the port numbers as per Cop's manual i.e. command port 5050, video 6050, iphone 7050 and http 80.

@ alterEgo, if you don't mind me asking what ports do you use for the Inspire dvr's? I think this would not be against the forum rules as each individual has a unique ip address from their ISP.

I think this would not be against the forum rules as each individual has a unique ip address from their ISP.

Yes, but highley likely to be a dynamic IP.

Can you connect each time from the private side of router?

If not, then your problem lies there.

If yes, then what address are you using when trying to access via t'interweb?

Are you using DDNS?

Yes, it's a dynamic IP, however I don't think it has ever changed (not that it's guaranteed that it won't in the future), every time I re-sync the router I get the same IP (Used the same IP to manage the router over the web, although I don't like to keep this option on).

I use the router's IP and port 7050 to connect from iPhone rather than the internal one that's assigned to the dvr which is also masked by NAT.

Rebooted the router today, it made no difference, though I can still connect with aplayer / meyeprov2, but both apps will close after a few secs only, sometimes during startup. Also tried changing the settings on the dvr's network config, selected FPS in 'dual stream' which should be lighter and faster for sending images to the web. Cameras are set to Cif2 / D1.

Tested quite a few ports (on ping.eu) and most of them are showing as closed even though they are inserted in the router and permitted through firewall? :hmm:

I also tried DYNDNS, but on a blackberry 9700 only (running on the old OS5, need to upgrade it to OS6)and it resolved the name,but images would not come up on the screen.I have switched DDNS option off for now on the dvr.

Bandwith should be OK as it worked on an old 4 channel Ganz DVR through 'eagleye' app it was streaming all 4 screens rock solid.

The aplayer and meyeprov2 both crash even when the iphone is connected via wi-fi and positioned next to the router so I would rule signal & speed out.

Apps also crash when connected via local wi-fi and by using dvr's actual IP.

i don't think the inspire units work on BB.

If you want to PM me your router and dvr access details i will look over it.

pm sent, thanks alterEGO!

Apps also crash when connected via local wi-fi and by using dvr's actual IP.

In this case there is no point trying to configure the remote access if the LAN is not working correctly.

I suggest the following:

1) Ensure all equipment is running latest software, phone, router, etc.

2) If possible swap the router for another make or at least reset it (not restart)

3) There maybe a demo site you can test the apps on, try both wifi & 3G

The results of the above should point towards where the problem is.

In this case there is no point trying to configure the remote access if the LAN is not working correctly.

I suggest the following:

1) Ensure all equipment is running latest software, phone, router, etc.

2) If possible swap the router for another make or at least reset it (not restart)

3) There maybe a demo site you can test the apps on, try both wifi & 3G

The results of the above should point towards where the problem is.

Good point digitalwitness! Forgotten the basics, now updated the router to the latest firmware, iPhone to 4.32, but can't find any firmware on the Cop-Security web site under downloads section,btw the dvr is running on software V 1.5.3 and it's h/w V 1.3.0.Does anyone know if there is a newer firmware available for this dvr? Still need to test after installing these updates.

Its all working fine now, all ports are now open and i logged in to your dvr with no issue.

You had a couple of conflicts on the ports and rules already set up.

Always use an IP address out of normal range eg. 192.168.0.200, just keeps things simple.

Its all working fine now, all ports are now open and i logged in to your dvr with no issue.

You had a couple of conflicts on the ports and rules already set up.

Always use an IP address out of normal range eg. 192.168.0.200, just keeps things simple.

Thanks Aaron!

I had to expand DHCP range as I had it set up to 50 so 200 was out of it.

Have you tried to access the dvr from an iPhone and what app did you use? 'Aplayer' and 'meyeprov2' are still crashing so I guess it could well be something to do with my wireless?

Did you do all the steps mentioned in my last post?

I have updated firmware on the router and iPhone, not sure whether there is anything newer than V1.5.3 available for the dvr?

Unable to swap the router at the moment,but will give this a try asap.

If anyone has details of some demo sites preferably running on the inspire blue dvr or willing to let me connect to test as a guest that would be great.

3G is really poor in my area so the apps would not even connect through it.

Quite like the look of those Inspire Blue's, especially the talkback feature. We've got a demo setup going with an Adata unit and a very poor quality camera (no expense spared :lol:), need to get that sorted before we properly link it to the website though

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Quite like the look of those Inspire Blue's, especially the talkback feature. We've got a demo setup going with an Adata unit and a very poor quality camera (no expense spared :lol:), need to get that sorted before we properly link it to the website though

look at the one i have day/night, lol, failed a few weeks ago :lol:

Yeah the remote setup is nice and easy to use.

Archived