Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Tamper Alarm

Hi, first time poster, tried a search but couldn't see anything that would help.

I'm a tenant, have been living in this house for a year now. It has a Concept 6 intruder alarm but helpfully the landlady didn't have any instruction manuals to go with it. The first couple of nights after we moved in, the alarm went off in the middle of the night but it had not been set. I spoke to landlady (who found it highly amusing) but the alarm stopped going off and when an engineer turned up about two months later, he didn't bother looking at it.

A year on, and it's started going off again. The alarm is constantly set to "day" programme, when the alarm goes off the tamper light shows up. I have no idea where the main box is to check if the battery needs changing. My landlady is ignoring me. Since 0630 this morning, it's gone off 5 times. I'm swiftly getting to the point of grabbing a sledgehammer!

I have now downloaded both user manual and engineering information, neither of which seem to be much help (especially as I don't know where the main board is...)

Please someone help me!!

Edited by wheeze

Hi, first time poster, tried a search but couldn't see anything that would help.

I'm a tenant, have been living in this house for a year now. It has a Concept 6 intruder alarm but helpfully the landlady didn't have any instruction manuals to go with it. The first couple of nights after we moved in, the alarm went off in the middle of the night but it had not been set. I spoke to landlady (who found it highly amusing) but the alarm stopped going off and when an engineer turned up about two months later, he didn't bother looking at it.

A year on, and it's started going off again. The alarm is constantly set to "day" programme, when the alarm goes off the tamper light shows up. I have no idea where the main box is to check if the battery needs changing. My landlady is ignoring me. Since 0630 this morning, it's gone off 5 times. I'm swiftly getting to the point of grabbing a sledgehammer!

I have now downloaded both user manual and engineering information, neither of which seem to be much help (especially as I don't know where the main board is...)

Please someone help me!!

Hi Weeze

A tamper fault is a 24hr circuit that monitors (as the name suggests) anyone tampering with the detectors/ bell/control unit.

Unfortunately, the concept is fairly basic and only gives one indication for any one of the tamper circuits, this means to find out what is causing it you really need a multimeter and the ability to use it, though if its going externally as well as indoors there is a high possibility the fault is with the sounder, or the cable to it

If you press prog and enter your code this may stop it

Alarm systems need regular servicing to stop this sort of thing happening

• 9 years later...

I also have a concept 6 which has worked very reliably for several decades.

Recently it has triggered a tamper alarm when in day mode.

04-04-20  22:00? Alarm went off whilst watching TV. Alarm not set.

05-04-20  06:00 Alarm went off. Tamper alarm

01-07-202 23:50 Alarm went off. Tamper alarm

Reset just set off internal alarm again.

Don't think external sounders went off.(according to manual?)

02-07-20 Disconnected Tamper circuit and installed link.

02-07-20 Installed new battery.

Measured individual tamper circuits. All either 3.0 Ohms or 1.5 Ohms

5 circuits downstairs and 6 upstairs. Total  11.

Measured 18 ohms for complete tamper circuit.

No open circuits.

Left link installed in tamper terminals 15 & 16.

10-08-20 18:00? Tamper alarm went off

09:00 Tamper alarm went off again.

Left it in the alarm condition without resetting.

Removed the internal sounder.

Reset one or two days later and hasn’t yet gone off.

As the unit has still presented a tamper fault since I installed the link on the tamper circuit then it must be something else?

Am I right in assuming that the bell box tamper circuit whilst not using the tamper circuit for the PIRs presents a tamper alarm on the remote keypad?

I.e. the tamper LED is illuminated by either the normal PIR tamper circuit or the bell box tamper circuit?

If this is the case then it looks like I have a problem with the Bell box wires or the bell boxes themselves (I have 2) or could still be the Concept 6?

What’s the best way of isolating the tamper on the bell boxes without them sounding?

Appreciate any advice.

Best Regards Ken

Loop out bell tamper in panel?

Loop bell tamper in one bell 

Loop bell tamper in other bell

Determine which bell has incoming and loop the tamp there 

Assuming one bell is not a dummy?

Should help you find out the problem but as you said above a few decades have gone by now 

How did you make this post ? Dialup?

Al-yeti

Thanks for the reply. Dial-up? Not sure what you mean. Cut and Paste on i7 laptop and 100mb Internet connection.

Just to be clear. Loop out bell tamper in panel"  fitting a link to the T & A terminals?

I assume this will trigger the alarm but once the code is entered will clear the alarm.

Not sure what you mean by "Determine which bell has incoming and loop the tamp there".

Both Bell boxes are wired back to the alarm.

10 minutes ago, Ken B said:

Al-yeti

Thanks for the reply. Dial-up? Not sure what you mean. Cut and Paste on i7 laptop and 100mb Internet connection.

Just to be clear. Loop out bell tamper in panel"  fitting a link to the T & A terminals?

I assume this will trigger the alarm but once the code is entered will clear the alarm.

Not sure what you mean by "Determine which bell has incoming and loop the tamp there".

Both Bell boxes are wired back to the alarm.

Nice internet nice i7

Point was get new alarm aswell

Normally one bell is wired to the other , so they must have wired and looped the tampers in the panel,  perhaps parallel or they using a pair from one bell to the other

You need to figure out how it's wired and prove each cable is working , but if they are ok it's probably one of the bell boxes 

You got ladders and get working 

Edited by al-yeti