Security Installer Community

Ir Sender/repeater

Adi

Hi.

As per my comments on my first reply you can put the units closer together if you wish but you may require additional directional antennas.

Everybody has genuinely tried to help you and be courteous to you and nothing else, this both before you have posted your comments and after.

David said he did speak to you yesterday and did apologise for any misunderstanding about the product instructions. His actual call log is as below.

I will ask David for your contact details and call you.

Paul.

<<<<<<<<<< 18/07/2011 16:53 David-Hewitt >>>>>>>>>>

Alan says that he is not happy as he has just been told by technical that he needs to separate his receivers by at least 5m

He said that this information should be in the instructions

I have told him that I agree the information should be in the instructions and I will check and if it is missing I will make sure that it is inserted

<<<<<<<<<< 18/07/2011 10:20 Lisa-Sperry >>>>>>>>>>

Spoke to customer having issues with the MITKIT, transferred him through to technical to try to resolve the situation - follow up

System Q Ltd.

Paul...I have just read the David Hewitts note of 18-07-11 at 16-53,which I had not read before the call you made to myself directly yesterday afternoon which you followed up with an email saying 'you thought was productive and hope would strengthen our relationship and hoped I thought the same' I agree and hope we can move forward from this.

Having said that and reading the notes mentioned above.....I am compelled to say the following for the record and this is,and I make no apologies for this,aimed directly at David Hewitt via here.

The conversation with David lasted around 20 minutes according to my phone record and I had to cut is short as someone was waiting for me for 10 of those it would have been longer for the various reasons such as..

David was not receptive to my concerns and if he was,the call would have been over in a few minutes,especially as someone was waiting for me.

He was aware of the requires 'Five metre rule' and implied I should have known this.

He was also aware that this was not in any website information,sales literature,the catalogue and did not feel that it needed to be included.

It was David that informed of the 'five metre rule when he was implied that I should have known.

Technical engineer and myself had two conversations that day and it was suggested that the units may have to be separated (no specific distance at that time) and on the second conversation was still awaiting results of separation.

Sales person tasked with promoting and follow up calls on these units was not aware of this 'five metre rule' hence me being put through to David to escalate the issue.

Clearly I was unhappy with being told at this level that I should have known that I needed five metres separation at this stage ( which was not possible on the installation)

I did not actually make the call to yourselves,Lisa made a follow up call to me that morning to see how I had got on with the units,I stated that I was having a few problems and she put me through to technical dept.

At that point,bearing in mind I had made a number of revisits to the job where the units had been installed as two pairs..( I had done a site test with one link I had purchsed and all was fine and all was fine) the problem arose not within a few hours of the installation of two links.

My point is,even though I had been forced to make a number or revisits to the job,four days later and four revisits....I HAD NOT MADE A COMPLAINT CALL ...The message here is....Something that day had offended me so much that I searched for a forum that I had never used before that had some mention of videomitters...that something was David Hewitt with his complete lack of understanding and his attitude.

He states in his note below (copied)

<<<<<<<<<< 18/07/2011 16:53 David-Hewitt >>>>>>>>>>

Alan says that he is not happy as he has just been told by technical that he needs to separate his receivers by at least 5m

He said that this information should be in the instructions

I have told him that I agree the information should be in the instructions and I will check and if it is missing I will make sure that it is inserted

He had no need to check if it was missing.....He told me the spacing was not in any information available to prospective purchaser and did not believe it needed to be ! ! ! he did say he would look at it but again,did not believe it needed to be..... All I felt was challenged by him.HE DID NOT say he would make sure it would be inserted...if he did,I never heard that but had no problem

Are we all to believe that David Hewitt..a director of the company I understand has zero involvement in sales literature,the catalogue,videomitter 'flyers',installation instructions,the websites content,the sales team,the technical team or training of...even any proof reading of anything relating to videomitters...of course he knows the information with respect to spacing is not there....BUT CRUICIALLY...HE KNEW IT WAS NOT without checking

I guess that begs the question for those that don't know...apart from upsetting customers,which I have to say,he excels at..what does he do? that was rhetorical but clearly,his role must and would have to be limited.

You did mention that sales line calls are recorded for training purposes and conversations can be recovered,I understand that the call was on a sales line,I know I have received calls from sales on the same number.

As I feel challenged by Davis attitude and the 'not quite' a candid note on record and published on here....Now here is my challenge to David for all to see,well,actually hear as the spoken work adds reality.

Recover our telephone conversation of 18/07/2011 16-30 that your notes refer to,convert them to some audio file of your choice and post on this forum a link where all can listen to the conversation in it's entirety....not edited to suit yourself..or for sure,it will be challenged.

You have the resources to do this and have 100% my permission to do this..I and I'm sure other will welcome this.

With reference to staff being courteous towards myself before and after my posting(I only had contact from yourself following posting on here,not before,understandable and albeit started a little 'high' again,understandable, we had a long frank and open talk which we both felt was productive.

We must remember here that I did not make a complaint call here so conversations with Lisa and Mike were courteous and they were trying to be helpful,just as David in sales and the chap on the counter (sorry,forgot his name) always have been,this I stated yesterday on the phone and has and is not the issue here...this is clear in my postings.

The issue here and I make no apologies for saying this is a 'loose cannon' in a director role,dealing with customers with a reputation that precedes him in this respect and an attitude towards customers that have an issue.....is about as welcome as a 'fart in a lift car'..

On a lighter note.. :whistle: maybe,just an idea of course,allow all other members of staff mentioned...could 'mentor' him,a sort of 'in house,upwards training scheme in customer relations'.....Paul,this one could fly,you already have the resources on the payroll.

The challenge for David of course,is deadly serious.Those notes just did it all again.

• 4 months later...

Oh...

We are now in December, I have installed Two Pairs of these devices last week.

I am having similar issues with them as both Transmitters and Recievers were initially mounted next to each other, I wasn't told about any issues with this and neither is there any information in the Brochures/Flyers relating to Device Siting.

The standard 200m aerials were not up to the job, Go back get the 300m aerials, they work, but aren't reliable even though as of now both TX aerials are External, Both RX aerials are inside a Slated Roof Loft area less than 60m apart.

I have been told that the RX side ONLY have to be 2m apart, I now have these spaced accordingly but am still having issues.

Is this 2m spacing incorrect?

Should they be 5m apart?

Does this spacing apply to the TX side?

I've been told not, but yet am still having issues.

Now apparently there is a 'firmware' update that can be installed on the Videomitters, I have to take them out and return them for this to be done.

My customer is slowly losing faith in my ability to resolve this.

It does not look good.

More information prior to purchasing this kit would have helped.

Oh...

I am having similar issues with them as both Transmitters and Recievers were initially mounted next to each other, I wasn't told about any issues with this and neither is there any information in the Brochures/Flyers relating to Device Siting.

The standard 200m aerials were not up to the job, Go back get the 300m aerials, they work, but aren't reliable even though as of now both TX aerials are External, Both RX aerials are inside a Slated Roof Loft area less than 60m apart.

I have been told that the RX side ONLY have to be 2m apart, I now have these spaced accordingly but am still having issues.

Should they be 5m apart?

Now apparently there is a 'firmware' update that can be installed on the Videomitters, I have to take them out and return them for this to be done.

It does not look good.

Hi I would also like to comment on the miss information or rather the lack of it

the first issue is the IR repeter while this works very well it is severly handicapped by the ridiculously short

wire on the IR probes the only way it can be used is to bolt the reciver on top of the Dvr as Im told the wire to the IR transmitter

can,t be exstended. totally defeats its purpose.

Next having fitted the transmitters in weather proof boxes under the eves for best line of sight signal path

I now find that it is nesesarry to be able to access the vidiomitters to keep pressing the pair button due to signal dropout

somthing that is not mentioned anywhere in the sales bumff or installation literature so Im now left with a very disgruntled

customer as hes having to hire an access platform to re set the damm things. as of this time Im still awaiting a solution from

my supplier. given the lack of technical information as I wasn,t aware of your proximity to other unit problem one has to ask

if the instructions supplied are fit for purpose I think not

Oh...

Should they be 5m apart?

It does not look good.

Hi re aerials did you have to replace both tx & rx aerials or did you get away with just changing the TX

the reason I ask is im using a mitkit to remote the dvr from the house the reciver is attached to the vesa mount on the

back of the monitor & sticking a bigger aerial on it is not practical when the system is working it works well with the reciver

on the back of the monitor it can be plugged in anywhere in the house & use the remore IR sender to control the dvr

its just the signal is a bit weak as I think the 200mtr specified is a bit overoptimistic to say the least

Archived