AND

Zone 1 wired PIR

Zone 2 wired PIR

Zone 3 wired fire sensor

Zone 4 wired magnetic door sensor

Zone 5 wired vibration sensor

Zone 6 wired PIR

Zone 7 wired PIR

zone 8 Off (but is wired to an old wired vibration sensor)

Zone 91 Wireless Magnetic door contact (E/E zone)

Zone 92 Wirelss Magetic door contact

Zones 171 to Zone 178 are all Wireless window vibration sensors

Two questions

1) Can anyone explain how the zone numbers are actually assigned by the system, especially wrt the wireless zones.

2) I need to do some work related to the fire sensor (subject of another post. As this is zone 3 is this connected to number 3 on the PCB

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid but am on a bit of a learning curve with this panel

Wireless receiver 1 zones: 91-98

Wireless receiver 2 zones: 171-178

On board zones 1-8

Zex 1: 21-28

Zex 2: 31-38

Zex 3: 41-48 etc...

Gardtec makes its own rules and doesn't give normal instructions out, you either have to have grown up on them or have a bit of a backwards mind sometimes.

595 is not a beginners panel, premier would be easier to get your head around.

Thanks for that, I guessed the wireless zones were predefined and assigned by the panel somehow.

Further questions

1) What's the logib on wireless zone assignation, does it assign based on the strongest signal (that would be logicak but hey when dod logiv ever apply...)

2) On the panel I am working on without unravelling all the unmarked cables how can I check which actual connectors on the PCB the wireless receivers are connected to.

cheers

1) This is Gardtec, there is no logic I'm afraid, the zones are allocated manually by which detector is assigned to what zone.

2) On the 595 the wireless bus connector is underneath the pcb (gardtec logic again) if its a plastic 595 take the cover off and wait, the pcb is bound to fall off its mounts within seconds. If its metal try and look under the PCB.

1) This is Gardtec, there is no logic I'm afraid, the zones are allocated manually by which detector is assigned to what zone.

2) On the 595 the wireless bus connector is underneath the pcb (gardtec logic again) if its a plastic 595 take the cover off and wait, the pcb is bound to fall off its mounts within seconds. If its metal try and look under the PCB.

Thans Woolybobs on the wireless bus connector - all is clear

On the zone assignment still a bit confused. Panel let you assign descriptors, attributes etc to each zone I am clear but which connectors on the PCB relate to each zone?

Are they ordered 1 to 8 from the top or bottom?? I cant remember as I am not near the panel right now if each is labelled AZ1, AZ2 etc on the PCB connector points.

Reason I ask is that I need to swap wires for ZOnes 3 and 4 over

Zones 1-8 are labelled AZ1 through AZ8 screen printed on the PCB. Left to right on a plastic, top to bottom if its metal, assuming the panel is mounted correctly.

All zones are fully programable thogh 'Program zones...?'

Tbh the gardtec panel is engineer friendly if engineers have been trained on this product.

I would suggest you call an engineer in to sort the problems out as they seem easy enough to solve.

I a not one to give programming details over the web as if you make a wrong mistake then you say well balah blah told me this etc.

Gardtec equipment is a decent bit of kit but as iv said before is not a diy panel from the cpx above.

If you can get your head round the Risco programming then the Gal/Tex is easy imo!

!

Thats probably it really. We have a few 4737 800 Gardtec take overs out there, they seem ok. However we did a graded version (800 still?) and the menu structure is a mess, seemed a hatchet job on the old panel imo. I was brought up on TS stuff, love them panels. I heard a whisper that Cooper are dropping the name now...... Scantronic only.

This applies to any panel, if confused and cant work out the zone on the pcb, assuming you can get it into engineer mode, program zone 1 for chime, defeat the panel tamper switch and put into day mode, remove and remake the left hand connection several times and if it matches your making and breaking of your circuit with chimes then that is zone 1, if it is an eol panel it will surely say tamper zone1....simples, I like gardtec and have to laugh when alarm people put this is good, that is bad, I do perfectly well applying logic to any panel I come across and have never turned anything down because I didn't understand it.... Chimes theory doesnt work on logic 4 :P

Archived