Security Installer Community

What's The Cheapest Digicom On The Market?

IPAlarms

I used to like the Digicom AV's but I noticed Sensertech's web site has not been updated since 2001.

I'm researching what easy to program, universal digi's are on the market these days and which one is the cheapest available.

Where can a DIYer buy from?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

8440 & security wharehouse would be the easier answer.

whoever you'd need a chip

Forgot to mention - I want one without a chip. One that the end user can program themselves. Are the Digicom AV no longer around?

Forgot to mention - I want one without a chip. One that the end user can program themselves. Are the Digicom AV no longer around?

Why would you want the customer to be able to program a digi?

If you wanted to supply customers with DIY digi's you'd be better off just sending them a digi with a chip already programmed + installed, that way they can't program it wrong and cause all kinds of hell :lol:

You should invent a digi that works like these do http://firecoltd.rtrk.co.uk/?scid=37486&kw=6912665&pub_cr_id=7174212462, they'd be about as DIY friendly as it gets lol

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Why would you want the customer to be able to program a digi?

Maybe because of the rubbish he spouts on his website

The owner of the service has been speaking up against the way that UK consumers are treated and charged excessively by the traditional security industry. Providing alarm monitoring service to any resident of the UK at no cost allows his voice to be heard loud and clear.

Wherever theres a scheme theres a schemer, offering free monitoring will effect the industry and those employed in the industry helping this idiot is helping yourself out of a job!

Forgot to mention - I want one without a chip.

there no such thing, every digi I've ever seen had either chip done by stand alone programmer, interfaced to a lcd rkp, or chip programmer conected to a pc.

Mr? Veritas God

Wherever theres a scheme theres a schemer, offering free monitoring will effect the industry and those employed in the industry helping this idiot is helping yourself out of a job!

...and the whole security industry, perhaps even the country will collapse because of what I'm doing :fear:

I always thought competition was healthy - you obviously don't. What possible threat can I be to you?

there no such thing, every digi I've ever seen had either chip done by stand alone programmer, interfaced to a lcd rkp, or chip programmer conected to a pc.

The Digicom AV allowed you to plug in a phone handset and program it with DTMF tones.... http://sensortec.co.uk/Main/Dialler/Digicom_Pic.html

...and the whole security industry, perhaps even the country will collapse because of what I'm doing :fear:

I always thought competition was healthy - you obviously don't. What possible threat can I be to you?

The Digicom AV allowed you to plug in a phone handset and program it with DTMF tones.... http://sensortec.co....igicom_Pic.html

I don't sell by saying stuff like the competitions trying to rip you off. I do not see you as a threat either, you are a completely different market miles from my market. I just take offense at being labeled a rip off merchant and I am fairly certain there are grounds for slander from the statements your website. I have taken screen shots and forwarded them to people that would know better than I.

I also think it very hypocritical that you are asking help from the very people you are ripping off!

That's the whole idea of DIY - the customer will do it themselves.

Yes but that's professional monitoring equipment, its not DIY.

If you want DIY when it needs to be designed to be DIY, why do you think the Yales are so popular.

Hey Ho, Lets Go

I just take offense at being labeled a rip off merchant and I am fairly certain there are grounds for slander from the statements your website.

...but it's OK for you to call me an idiot (unprovoked) as above in this thread?

I have taken screen shots and forwarded them to people that would know better than I.

Really? Someone knows better than you?

I also think it very hypocritical that you are asking help from the very people you are ripping off!

Did you not learn from your mistake the last time you made a fool of yourself, when you had a go at me for posting a DIY related question in the DIY section of this forum?

I will once again remind you that this section is for the DIY community. Google "DIY" and you will find that it means "Do it Yourself". I know your greed will never allow you to accept that there may be a few people out there that don't want to use a professional security company, but you really need to get that under control before you stick your foot in it once too often.

We provide free alarm monitoring service to those people in the UK that cannot afford the prices that are charged by regulated companies. Just exactly who are we ripping off Peter?

Yes but that's professional monitoring equipment, its not DIY.

With the Digicom AV, you connect 3 wires from the panel and connect two wires into an IP module or phone socket. Not exactly rocket science is it?

If a home or business owner does not feel comfortable taking on the task, then there are thousands of non-approved alarm companies around the country that could easily do it for them.

Other than the old favourite "the DIYer will electricute himself as soon as he opens the panel lid" - tell me what's wrong with the above?

...but it's OK for you to call me an idiot (unprovoked) as above in this thread?

Really? Someone knows better than you?

Did you not learn from your mistake the last time you made a fool of yourself, when you had a go at me for posting a DIY related question in the DIY section of this forum?

I will once again remind you that this section is for the DIY community. Google "DIY" and you will find that it means "Do it Yourself". I know your greed will never allow you to accept that there may be a few people out there that don't want to use a professional security company, but you really need to get that under control before you stick your foot in it once too often.

We provide free alarm monitoring service to those people in the UK that cannot afford the prices that are charged by regulated companies. Just exactly who are we ripping off Peter?

Yep there are plenty of people that know better than me about slander law, and this may be the DIY section but the help you are seeking is not from DIYers rather from the experts, I dont remember you having to remind me anything before though?

You are not ripping you customers off (Although you may be I cant see you doing this out of the goodness of your heart, but I have no interest as to why or the fact that you do) its the industry and those who work in it you are undervaluing and that in my book is ripping off those that work in in this industry.

The UK Security Industry Scam

We won't mince our words. The UK Security Industry and those that feed off it, think that UK consumers are not capable of making decisions about the security of their homes, families or businesses. In a nutshell, they think we are stupid. As if that's not bad enough, they know that if we want insurance, then they have got us by the short and curlies. "Approved" Companies can get away with charging you a premium because many other Alarm Companies in your area are not allowed to compete.

Fighting Back

Security Industry Dinosaurs are stuck in the eighties and they don't accept new technologies. They use protectionist methods to make sure that industry outsiders cannot easily step on their turf. Wakefield Security & Fire are a good example of a company that wants to keep it that way. This has stunted the alarm monitoring market so much compared to open market economies like the United States. The homes of millions of UK residents are without monitoring service due to red tape and protectionism in the traditional security industry.

I have no objections to what you are doing its the way you are doing it and wording it!!

I originated as an engineer and worked hard for the last 30 years now I own my own company and Im an employer, Ive worked hard not just for my company but for this industry, if you had your way there would be no security industry at all

Thanks for the link btw

idi·ot (id′ē ət)

noun

Obsolete a retarded person mentally equal or inferior to a child two years old -

a very foolish or stupid person

There are some similarities.

LOL at the web page having a go at Pete, you used to run a sh!tty little firm known as 'the lock shop' in Bury/Middleton, rough to say the least.

Was it you Shaun from five star punched in the face and was subsequently charged for said offence in the mid 90's?

I remember it being in the evening news, probably something to do with running too many devices off an 8 core....

With the Digicom AV, you connect 3 wires from the panel and connect two wires into an IP module or phone socket. Not exactly rocket science is it?

If a home or business owner does not feel comfortable taking on the task, then there are thousands of non-approved alarm companies around the country that could easily do it for them.

Other than the old favourite "the DIYer will electricute himself as soon as he opens the panel lid" - tell me what's wrong with the above?

What's wrong is that you are enviting DIY'ers to carry out work which in most cases is beyond there comfort level. If they decide to do it fair enough, no-one on here wants to stop them. Their house, their alarm, their money ...... but that's different from encouraging them to do it.

If you want to go down that road, carry on ....... Why are you bothered what we think? .... why are you even reading this?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Here we go.... jump on the bandwagon boys

hang on you take content from the board & use on your own website out of context in an attempt to slate a fellow member, in my mind that’s very wrong indeed.

Whilst IMHO you may have a martyr complex regarding approval, urn’s & monitoring ect… you’ve been allowed to have a pretty free hand to express opinions that I disagree with, we’ve seen childish stuff on the boards before but I’ve think you’ve set a new low for acceptable behaviour I think you should consider what steps you should take to make things right.

Mr? Veritas God

Archived