Security Installer Community

Intruder Alarm Routine Inspection

Taco

Reidy, thanks for a view of your maintenance check for but dont you think that putting names and addresses on the form is a security risk as it would inform anyone of the shortfalls of the alrm system

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for the convusion and spelling

i am eating tea, talking about SPEED cameras, Record keeping and planing to take over the world tomorrow

the client gets a copy

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

the only id on the sheets are site or system id and printed and signed names

Christ his is hard work

dis-able :(

i Dont under stand your comment

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

yes the office copy goes back to the office pc records are up dated and the sheet then goes into the site file which then is taken to site on every visit as a ref tool.

the hope is that all records will in time only be on an engineers laptop so it is available on call outs as well.

the engineer will in time fill in an online form and print a copy for the engineer.

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

Got there in the end......

We still use carbon docet sheets. It would be nice to just fill in a PDF or something, then send the copy with an Invoice or whatnot but we are a long way off that tbh.

Cant believe you take the whole file to site, i can just imagine the mess our lot would make of that with missing paperwork....... Surely that is of more concern than having one docket with a name and address on? I presume you only have a small no of maint contracts? (not knocking that BTW)

if the engineer as a laptop and teamveiwer they will beable to updown load and get readings from suitable panels as well

the mobile can be tethered to the laptop for the internet connection

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

What phones do your lads have?

What can you access?

What happens with lack of wifi, 3g?

That is all

;-)

we use samsung galaxy S2, dial into office, then use alarm master or wintex etc. anything you want. No signal and its useless, same as any other phone lol. Alot of the time its used from home via wifi when on call etc. We also use WAP access for ARC.

I cant see the use for a laptop in many cases these days. I am thinking about using tablets for local connection to our systems on site.

how you getting on with AM now? I feel we need to bring the office side up to date, still do lots of paper chasing (i do the odd day doing the stats and what not covering maternity leave!) Give me an install anyday!

how you getting on with AM now? I feel we need to bring the office side up to date, still do lots of paper chasing (i do the odd day doing the stats and what not covering maternity leave!) Give me an install anyday!

We are getting there bit by bit, still alot of paperwork that I would like to get rid of.

They will need to make the jump one day!

• 11 months later...

All Banham Intruder alarms can be designed to comply with BS8243, EN50131-1/PD 6662 and the requirements laid down by the National Security Inspectorate (NSI). It may be a requirement of your insurance policy that your system is covered by a routine maintenance contract, for which you may be eligible for a discount on your contents insurance cover.

All Banham Intruder alarms can be designed to comply with BS8243, EN50131-1/PD 6662 and the requirements laid down by the National Security Inspectorate (NSI). It may be a requirement of your insurance policy that your system is covered by a routine maintenance contract, for which you may be eligible for a discount on your contents insurance cover.

wonder who you work for...

Archived