Security Installer Community

Ssaib

Afternoon All,

Proberly been asked a million times.

I have been trading for about 4 years and went ltd in 2009 as soon as I went limited buisness went mad as other companies love dealing with VAT registered and ltd companies so all has been good.

accounts wise the company is really strong and I want to up the game of the business so this year we took on alarms and for the life of me don't know why I did not take it on from the beginning but we became strong in CCTV and now we are gaining strength in alarms and I want to know is the following:

What is the process for SSIAB?

What is involved?

What are the costs?

Do they come out and have alook at my work? Or can they look at past work I have done?

cheers for any advice on this

Richard

Herts CCTV Ltd

Have you tried asking them?

QFA

Id look at NSI Silver too, give them both a call they will send you out a pack outlining whats needed, both NSI and SSAIB are very friendly and very approachable after all you are a potential new customer, they will both welcome your call and be very pleased to talk you through their proceedures

Becoming approved will open you up for lots more work,

Afternoon All,

Proberly been asked a million times.

I have been trading for about 4 years and went ltd in 2009 as soon as I went limited buisness went mad as other companies love dealing with VAT registered and ltd companies so all has been good.

accounts wise the company is really strong and I want to up the game of the business so this year we took on alarms and for the life of me don't know why I did not take it on from the beginning but we became strong in CCTV and now we are gaining strength in alarms and I want to know is the following:

What is the process for SSIAB?

What is involved?

What are the costs?

Do they come out and have alook at my work? Or can they look at past work I have done?

cheers for any advice on this

Richard

Herts CCTV Ltd

They'll want to come and do an inspection at your office, plus 2-3 GRADED sites every year, so you'll have to try and sell a few grade 3 systems if you're not doing so already. SOME companies use their head office and their directors houses for inspections, ahem....

They'll want to come and do an inspection at your office, plus 2-3 GRADED sites every year, so you'll have to try and sell a few grade 3 systems if you're not doing so already. SOME companies use their head office and their directors houses for inspections, ahem....

? there's no requirement for this, only that the systems must meet the grade specified on the Certificate.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

SOME companies use their head office and their directors houses for inspections, ahem....

it's irrelevant who's houses they use, but they will only visit each site usually once so unless you have 50 directors.....

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

it's irrelevant who's houses they use, but they will only visit each site usually once so unless you have 50 directors.....

Or it gets enough non conformance's to require a revisit

What do you mean by Grade 2-3?

I mainly install houses 2-8 cameras, office, retail, goverment buidldings anywhere from 4-16 camera's

Alarms tend to be houses and shops.

I mainly install houses 2-8 cameras, office, retail, goverment buidldings anywhere from 4-16 camera's

Please don't take this the wrong way, you are no where near ready to be approved. You need to buy a copy of all the relevant standards and get your head around what it means to be an 'approved' company.

There is alot more to it then screwing PIR's and keypads to the wall.

Please don't take this the wrong way, you are no where near ready to be approved. You need to buy a copy of all the relevant standards and get your head around what it means to be an 'approved' company.

There is alot more to it then screwing PIR's and keypads to the wall.

No I don't take anything the wrong way at all if you don't ask you won't find out, I have been trading for 4 years and have professionally installed many alarms and CCTV systems for many companies so don't take this the wrong way but I am not just a DIY cowboy I have been on countless training courses for alarms and cctv but looking to profile my company a little higher now!

I have a few friends that do CCTV and are SSAIB cert and I have seen and been on jobs with them and tbh I am shocked at some of the workmanship! no offece m8's LOL

I just wanted to pick ppl's minds to see what I am letting myself in for.....

also when you mean buy a copy of the standards?

Where do I get this from what standards are you on about?

This is my point, you can in no way claim to have installed 'professionally' if you don't even know the title of current standards, let alone the requirements.

To much to list at 10pm on a thursday night, have a good look through the forums and you will find all the answers to your questions.

No I don't take anything the wrong way at all if you don't ask you won't find out, I have been trading for 4 years and have professionally installed many alarms and CCTV systems for many companies so don't take this the wrong way but I am not just a DIY cowboy I have been on countless training courses for alarms and cctv but looking to profile my company a little higher now!

I have a few friends that do CCTV and are SSAIB cert and I have seen and been on jobs with them and tbh I am shocked at some of the workmanship! no offece m8's LOL

I just wanted to pick ppl's minds to see what I am letting myself in for.....

also when you mean buy a copy of the standards?

You should be installing to BS EN 50131/PD6662 you will need to install to BS EN 50131/PD6662 DD243 if you want to get yourself approved there are many British Standards that govern the installation of intruder alarms and CCTV systems, too many to list systems you installed pre 2005 need to be installed to BS4737

not having a pop, but if you dont know grading 1,2,3 or 4, then you are not installing professionally.

To install graded systems to en50132 and the other requirements DD and PD ect , is total diiferent ball game, the paper work alone is a massive difference

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived