Security Installer Community

Alien Pod Dvr

jjash

Not sure where you are getting port 8080 from with regards to the DVR, as far as I remember that is the remote access port for the router setup page on Netgear routers.

I believe the ports you need to open for the Alien DVR are ports 80 and 8000 by default.

When you say DVR/DVS software on remote PC, is this on a completely separate broadband connection?

Have you adjusted your firewall settings to allow port forwarding to work?

Hi J.

Do you want to contact John or Julian 01246 200000 and I will tell them to expect your call.

They will talk you through it.

John is front line support, (1st port of call) Julian is our IT director and actual writes quite a lot of the software.

I will tell them to expect your call.

Can you mention TSI so they know who it is?

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

I thought system q were trade only, guess not.

Hi.

Yes we are a trade only supplier.

All our products are “sub-branded” for example the“alien”and “NiteDevil” range of products. With these brands we create websites that allow the trade to promote the products without the actual product nor website having any reference to System Q. This is done to protect the installers sales, few of our competitors do this.

In the instance of aiding this person, our attempt is to offer him some support how to set up the product and not to supply him. This benefits all concerned.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived