Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier

AfyB

Hi guys, unfortunately i am in a bit of a predicament. I have the Texecom Premier installed at my property and has been working fine for nearly 5months, however a few days ago the alarm went off and i can not reset it without Anti Code reset. The panel comes up with a code and asks to call ARC centre, i am not a member of any ARC. How do i reset the alarm? I have called the company that sold me the alarm and he says hes not very familiar with that alarm (great) and i'm waiting for a phone call back, it's been over a week now. Any help is much appreciated and will let me and the mrs sleep peacefully at night. Thanks in advance.

Is it bells only?

Premier's come out the box with anti-code reset enabled because its a proper graded panel, you need the installer to come around and disable the feature in the engineering programming menu's

If the installer just gives you a reply to what the keypad quotes, you will encounter the same problem again next time it activates

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Classic story of installer not knowing what he was doing, probably used to veritas series which didn't have enough zones for the job and decided to stick in a premier, saw this happen before.

Sorry but if you aint used to real intruder kit you dont make the basic mistake of specifying more than 8 zones-cowboy!...........

I have called the company that sold me the alarm and he says hes not very familiar with that alarm (great) and i'm waiting for a phone call back, it's been over a week now.

They do not want your custom and don't really deserve it IMO.

I would as mentioned, find an approved company (that use Premier preferably) to takeover and check the system.

They can then correctly program the system for your needs.

How do you come to the conclusion that I am a cowboy ?? And where did I say that I installed anything but 'real intruder kit'.

I don't think Rulland meant that you were the cowboy but that anyone who made that mistake was.

Edited by CerbNI

Morning all,

I was grafting all weekend so had an early night yesterday!, and yes the comment was aimed at the 'cowboy' who installs Prems etc and knows naff all about them.

Apologies if it seemed I was accusing-not my intent-and thanks guys for defending me.

Richard.

Before you all condemn the alarm company ..... we don't know yet if they installed it or just sold the kit to the OP.

Daft however you look at it IMO. ie. selling gear to public or installing equipment you don't support.

Or it could be a pro company with coms contract and customer is after a free reset on here :lol: we would never know.

OP only mentioned 'company'. he could have bought from retail/online if so, not really their fault or problem.

Exactly. I don't like to see members slating "the company" without knowing the facts. There's always 2 sides.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, unfortunately i am in a bit of a predicament. I have the Texecom Premier installed at my property and has been working fine for nearly 5months, however a few days ago the alarm went off and i can not reset it without Anti Code reset. The panel comes up with a code and asks to call ARC centre, i am not a member of any ARC. How do i reset the alarm? I have called the company that sold me the alarm and he says hes not very familiar with that alarm (great) and i'm waiting for a phone call back, it's been over a week now. Any help is much appreciated and will let me and the mrs sleep peacefully at night. Thanks in advance.

Get and install wintex on your PC. There is a menu to get the anti code from the number displayed on the keypad.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 12/05/2011 at 00:22, ryan042000 said:

If u still having problems Privat message me I'll rectify it for u in 5 mins

Hi are you able to help me please with my house alarm thistle it goes on randomly I'm getting a msg saying anti code needed with some letters and numberĀ