Security Installer Community

Wallace & Grommet

arfur mo

If you did not see this last night then watch it. There is an inventor who designed a radical electric 'pancake' motor in his teens, eccentric as they come but a total genius, Cedric Woolf I think the name is, and no it's NOT me smart ass :).

You have just got to see him using his hand made post drill, holding the work with his foot and powering the jig by cranking a handle :)

Laugh by sll means, but he got P2 & P4 at the recent IOM TT races against all the big boys, states his motor is 93% efficient, phenomenal achievement if true.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I saw abit of the TT Zero bike looked good, bloke who made the motor is a proper full on missfit

but a genius,

if you spoke to him over the phone you would likely dismiss him as strange at least, the whole thing is on the BBC iplayer (you don't need an iphone). agreed he is way out there in amongst the planets, but are not he best inventors?

i noted he has a C5 shell in his garden near his shed, makes me wonder was that an insperation which got him onto is current track, the pancake motor is something else, his proto type made out of compressed baked bean cans. those TT bikes poered by the modern version were doing 140mph, he recons next year with bigger batteies they will go even faster - and i beleive him!

just thin, if he can push a bike to 140mph, what could he do with a smart car, not the speed but range?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I saw abit of the TT Zero bike looked good, bloke who made the motor is a proper full on missfit

Yeah I was thinking about his motor though 93% efficient now would that generate electricity 93% efficiently if man powered? In theory it may do and that would be perfect for giving all these unemployed people something to do ie generate electricity for us tax payers

Archived