Security Installer Community

Redcare or emizon

james.wilson

I said a Emizon was a better option. Who am I to be listened to :P

well lets hope no-one lol. Emizon..... why? Still needs a gprs signal if dual path.

The point of the high gain aerial is that it does put more signal into the module, BUT there are some losses in the cable as its normally longer, and or needs extending. Have yet to have an issue with voda or o2 but prefer the idea of being able to use any sim. Cant see why you cant on the secure products.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody use other stuff , For dual path

We use a certain uk based module, That offers dual path gsm and ip with dialler capture . all direct to our own Cs 40 sec polling

we always fit pstn tho so effectivly 3 paths , but as always the pstn is tansmitted over the same adsl line - unless we r on virgin/ntl

We also fit Long and short range radio --- For dual comms - anyone else fit a radio path specific device -

Im not keen on BT redcare any more nor CSL -

Emizon - well - all i can say is bob tuck Tut tut.

Cant beat A MW - Munford and white 999 tape dialler.

I like the redcare ip option, but each has their merits. But imo for most companies that might want to use an ip com I'd urge caution. It's a cracking solution on sites with managed wans. But most people where we have systems don't have this and have bt hubs etc. As such they allow anyone to mess with it. Routers are not battery backed up and are totally outside our control. As such I won't use them for any sort of monitoring. I have used ip on managed was and its normally ok. But it dept people tend to unplug it from time to time, and they shutdown switches servers etc when the company don't need work related comms ie nights, weekends, holidays etc. Just when we need them. Then end-user gets a call from the alarm, saying primary path failure. None is contactable from it so we get the blame.

Ip comms is the future defiantly, but that is future not now.

All imho

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I like the redcare ip option, but each has their merits. But imo for most companies that might want to use an ip com I'd urge caution. It's a cracking solution on sites with managed wans. But most people where we have systems don't have this and have bt hubs etc. As such they allow anyone to mess with it. Routers are not battery backed up and are totally outside our control. As such I won't use them for any sort of monitoring. I have used ip on managed was and its normally ok. But it dept people tend to unplug it from time to time, and they shutdown switches servers etc when the company don't need work related comms ie nights, weekends, holidays etc. Just when we need them. Then end-user gets a call from the alarm, saying primary path failure. None is contactable from it so we get the blame.

Ip comms is the future defiantly, but that is future not now.

All imho

I agree with your comments regarding unmanaged networks.

We get lots more comms failures over ip than anything else. Domestics are the worst with adsl losing sync for whatever reason , I think its great ringing clients at 2am to tell them the broadband is down .

Once we connect over broadband tho , we seem to get the sites future IT works , So not all bad

Archived