Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16+ Over Digital Telephone

Heimdall

Hi

I have a Galaxy 16+ which I'm trying to get to send out alarms as SMS.

I've done this before without problems, only difference this time is that the phoneline is not a standard analogue phoneline it's a "simulated" analogue line from my broadband modem.

I have to the best of my knowledge set it up correctly with phonenumbers, id, trigg and so forth and when I connect a standard phone parallel to the panel I can hear it calling up the modem but I doesn't seem to be able to establish a connection so after some ten seconds or so failing to negotiate a connect it hangs up and tries again.

All input appreciated.

Timings are critical, with analogue lines it expects iratic timings from humans, so waits between digits.

there used to ne a terminal that had a sim in it, used as an extension to a pabx. 07 numbers were routed via it to call mobiles cheaper of reps on the phone plane etc. if you dialed direct, it would not complete the call most times, hit redial and it went through every time.

This is because of the time gap between digits was then within limits.

Obviously your not doing the dialing but you may have to mess with those settings in the panels modem (if available). Write them down before changing, so you can get back to square one.

Another thought, not used this type line, but some feature lines you need to type '9' to access a line, If so try adding a pause (a comma) in the dial string after the '9'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have no idea what a SIP line is.

And yes, this is the third time I set up a 16+ to send SMS.

Don't know about UK-versions but these Swedish versions (3.69) have this option but I believe you're thinking about the non plus version.

I don't really understand how it could be a timing issue, as I wrote, when I listen in I can hear the modem dialing, getting a a connecion, negotiating with the answering modem which always fails and then hangs up.

There are no timing issues with dialing, it dials and connects to receiver every time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is the modem that does the dialing regardless of protocol?

Or can there be something wrong with the modem even though the panel can call my mobile?

Im not getting mixed up with the plus etc, the non plus has no modem etc.

I know the 16+ can do pagers and basic speech dialler functions but not sms.

There are still timing issues with voip and digis. That is why you cant run modem functions reliably over voip. You can try enabaling t38 features on the line itself but i doubt it will help.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If you hear the tones are you sure you getting the arc ones?

Is line nice and clear?

If so ask arc to change receiver number, migt be a smart move to prove if either arc receiver or gal modem is being fussy.

After all the arc receiver should be ok, if faulty would reject loads if calls

Arfur

Another thought, have you got a UK modem possibly? Migt be a difference to swedens telcom kit I'n arc, just a guess.

Arfur

If you hear the tones are you sure you getting the arc ones?

Is line nice and clear?

If so ask arc to change receiver number, migt be a smart move to prove if either arc receiver or gal modem is being fussy.

After all the arc receiver should be ok, if faulty would reject loads if calls

Arfur

Another thought, have you got a UK modem possibly? Migt be a difference to swedens telcom kit I'n arc, just a guess.

Arfur

It's a Swedish panel with Swedish program version 3.69 just as the previous three I've set up.

I don't really know what arc tones are but the line is nice and clear and although you people say IP-lines are notoriously unreliable the dialing never fails.

It is the modem negotiation that fails over and over.

I can't change the number since Generic Mobile are to my knowledge the only company that provides the service.

I have also set the panel to just dial my mobile phone and beep (hey it's better than nothing) after the priority alarm transfer (which always fails) and that hasn't failed even once.

I googled t38 and that seems to have something to do with data transfer over ip but where the modem is concerned this is not a digital line, it even emulates the correct voltage of an analog line.

You problem I'd bet is due compression on the line, compression is used to squeeze more voice calls over less cables, software detects pauses in conversation, thes gaps are switched to be filled by any ongoing talking.

If you get calls from say Indian help desk it's like ship to shore radio, your modem simlpy can't cope with it for data, simple as.

Arfur

Arfur

I have given my opinion on it. You can choose to accept it or not but we have gone through this in the uk with 21 cn and testing done over a sip trunk. The 21 cn was unreliable. The sip voip line never worked. Yes it dialed fine but that was all.

Unfortunatly you have a voip line which is a voice not modrm or fax or data but voice over ip.

I hope you get it resosolved but yiu need to alter, you may not be able to, adjust the bit rate and jitter on that line after the converter.

You nsy be able to change the compression type in the ata.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived