Security Installer Community

Test Monitor Not To Break The Bank

lynx2002

How much do you wish to spend.

LCD are nice and light. Older B/W like Computar work better in bright sunlight.

Do you want PTZ and other test options?

Mine ATM is now a 3.5cm ( wear on wrist with strap) monitor with audio.

As ever as little as possible, but I understand that you get what you pay for. £200 is a guide for me ATM.

The ones I used when employed were quite outdated B/W size of a breeze block type things.

Audio isn't especially needed but you never know, and PTZ function would be handy.

I do like the neck strap setup as it keeps your hands free, but I’ve not yet seen one without that option so can’t see it being a problem.

The main things I want to consider is battery life and screen quality. I’ve seen a few demos recently that had a really poor screen quality which must make focusing a real pain in the backside!

Well if its really difficult I get out a battery powered 50" 1080p.

Not really I know what I want and if push comes to shove a two way radio or a phone call to the control room/ person watching the monitor solves it.

Even the older test monitors were only 4 or 5 inch.

As I said only drawback for LCD ( thats LCD Whistle me old m8 :D) is bright sunshine. Otherwise no problems. A nice trick with mine is you can hold a camera near the spot and get the client to agree the field of view and focus approximately of course. The spec should give what they want in general too.

Archived