Security Installer Community

Alien Dvr

leemc80

Hi all, i have not used this web site before so here it goes. I have three sites with a 4 way alien dvr on site witch i can dial in and view the camera's all ok. The customer has an iphone witch was also set up to view the dvr's and that worked ok up to yesterday. i have a blackberry phone witch i have just downloaded the viewing software on to but i cant get a connection as it comes up saying hint login fail (76) does anyone know how to set the phone up correctly incase i have done it wrong .

cheers

Hi.

The login failed message could be because of several reasons.

1- If the Blackberry is NOT a 3G model then login is very slow because the network speed is very limited to the Telecom provider. (please forward your Blackberry model number and Telecoms provider details).

2- Blackberry have recently launched a few new models and I will have to try and find out which ones we know for sure are compatible as we can only get this information through user feedback. Its not possible for us to buy every single model from all the manufactures to check compatibility.

3- It could also be the fact one of the settings is incorrect but I would imagine you have checked these if you have done them on other types of phone.

If you email me the settings we could try it for you as we have a few blackberry's and other phones for testing.

For your information software for Android phones should be available in October.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

• 7 months later...

If it was working but has stopped, it could be the isp ip address has changed. Check for connectivity locally on the server, then try it using the ISP ip.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone managed to get a Nokia N8 to work with the remote viewing software yet, it uses the new Sybian Anna software. I have tried both the basic Symbian software and the Java software but it either connects and won't play or just won't connect. The old Nokia 6630 worked fine but the new smartphones seem to be too smart to work.

Also as the N8 has it's own web browser I can't login using the http: method as it needs the active x add-on to be installed which opera, chrome & firefox don't seem to like.

Rob Stockley

The Park Security

• 4 months later...

I have the same error msg and am currently using a BlackBerry Curve (9300) which is 3G enabled. I have no usrname nor password issues as it works with Wi-Fi. Are there maybe any news or updates on models on which the 3G function for iVMS-4500 v1.10.01 build 20100608 does NOT work? Feedback highly appreciated.

Archived