Security Installer Community

Bt Versatillity

scratchhead

We had a similar issue on a revelation. It was to do with line voltage. There was bb on the line and we had to replace the filter. Do you have anything else on that line and if you swap the lines around does this issue move?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 3 weeks later...

Your problem is with Guarded clear lines the cleardown time needs to be adjusted you can get BT to do it from the exchange or if you have version 4 ovide software you can do it your self should be set from 500milisec upto 1000.

blue

Your problem is with Guarded clear lines the cleardown time needs to be adjusted you can get BT to do it from the exchange or if you have version 4 ovide software you can do it your self should be set from 500milisec upto 1000.

blue

would this happen on an established system?

i wonder if L1 is reversed, that i know upsets Panasonic PABX's

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

you can set the line to loop ungarded and that will clear the hung line problem but you will lose other facilities ie; Trunk to trunk transfer and speedail use. best to get the clear down time checked.

This can start happening on an old system if any routine maintainance has been carried out by BT in the exchange a line reversal will not cause this problem. I had this problem a lot when i have installed this system in a residentual or home business and bt don't realise the lines are going on a telephone system.

Blue

• 9 months later...

I use to work for bt,

and there is no difference in a business line or residential in the volts present and ringing etc.

so what difference does it make if you have a residential line or business when ordering.

Archived