Security Installer Community

Hard Wired Or Remote

We have one in the office to test, although it seems to be faulty out of the box.. LOL tat.

faulty in which ay?

i actually have an early ProSys 40 at home with plastic keypad, (looks similar to some Tex RKPs imo). Risco were meant to release a firmware ugrade to V7 and make it more EN instead than bodged Yankee flavoured sofware - but i'm still waiting.

that said panels been fine, very like the Wisdom software and its a bit long winded when you need to acknowledge a fault like a Mains Fail abd stop leds flashing, but rock solid other than that and has ability for access control add-on's if combined systems are your thing

Arfur

blue LED's = sh1te

nee nah! nee nah! police.gifpolice.gifpolice.gif

roflmao.gif

aRFUR

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it dosent work

maybe, iirc ProSys keypads have to be 'learn't' by the panel after you 1st power up, there is an initialisation sequence you then go through.

i had the rep doing a demo here, even fooked it up rolleyes.gif

Arfur

Get your spend up and you get the 480 keypad with the plastic end station.

note to O/P - about £3.00 difference in price (trade). Both "entry level" panels and both have the same unusable operating system

get a 9651 and be done with it.

note to O/P - about £3.00 difference in price (trade). Both "entry level" panels and both have the same unusable operating system

get a 9651 and be done with it.

no longer a g tech fan ?

Mr? Veritas God

Agreed it's fine for the money, but do you tend to get more false alarms, call outs and other problems more with the CP8?

ie, there is a trade-off between spending a few more quid and having something that's not going to fall apart after the 1 year warramty period.

Therefore, the question is how much more for the galaxay?

I will find this out and let you know.

Are all the kepads wireless or wired and does it matter?

(i'm not one who goes for looks but i go for performance :P .........)

the cp8 is stable i wouldnt worry about that. No decent pro installer would install something that wasnt.

If its performance then you will want a high end panel, they start from about £300-400 just for the panel

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Agreed it's fine for the money, but do you tend to get more false alarms, call outs and other problems more with the CP8?

ie, there is a trade-off between spending a few more quid and having something that's not going to fall apart after the 1 year warramty period.

Therefore, the question is how much more for the galaxay?

I will find this out and let you know.

Are all the kepads wireless or wired and does it matter?

(i'm not one who goes for looks but i go for performance :P .........)

if the panel is installed to a good quality, the equipment attached is sited and installed and maintained to and is of a good quality the CPL8 was serve you well for many years.

just think of it more as the Reliant Robin of alarm panels, many of those still going strong in Norfolk, it gets you from a - b if in a bit of a brutal way, just don't expect any luxury add on's like you might expect with a Ford Ghia

Arfur

TBH we have fitted 100s of 9651's with out any problems at all, we have also fitted loads of Risco stuff with out any problems.

But i think the 9651 wins hands down. On price and quality, although a 2nd RKP is almost as much at the full kit.

What is a 9651?

Is it necessary to have the panel connected to your a phone line?

Will the extra cost be worthwhile?

why not simply ask you chosen 'harem' of installers?

while we all know the difference and disadvantage/advantages, far more important that they do would you not think?

Arur

//gonna be one of them that has to sort any faults - not us//

imo a digital communicator is better value and woth it yes

and you base your RA on exactly what Mr James sir? tongue.gif

the facts as Arf see's it, this OP admits he had an ADT system, He admits he he let the contact lapses, so imo no way is he going to pay for any monitoring making the digi very near useless, against the risk assessed of having no external communication a voice dialer is at least best advice he is at risk assessed of taking.

add to the above, chances are a severe risk this O/P 1 year down the line erm! actually ad another six months of inane questions in here, he will not pay even for a a maintenance contract but bitch on about the battery not lasting 20 years rolleyes.gif.

Mr O/P, if that is your carefully concealed intentions (your safe with me as only i guessed it - honest and i'm not telling anyone else - honest nudge wink!) Mr O/P, with no criticism intended, as i sell all systems on outright sales, i seriously suggest you make very sure you will own ALL the equipment outright whichever kit/installer you finally choose, and are not just renting it from your installer as some quite ethical companies do and who will snatc it back - quite ethically of course.

Arfur

Archived