Security Installer Community

Hard Wired Or Remote

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful when specifying the equipment, it is much better to let the company suggest the equipment they can back up at the G2 standard, and then ask here what we think of the quotes and equipment.

If you spec it yourself there is every chance a company will quote to get the job as times are slow for alot, but then not be able to give a decent service as they have no idea what to do with the equipment or don't stock spares etc.

As stated previously, let the security companies spec the equipment and suggest coverage areas and get back on the forum for i/p from people in the industry. Always best to let the surveyor do the spec first then if you feel changes need to be made get back and discuss it with him. If you can knock up a rough plan of your house in Windows Paint with the location of the equipment that gets spec'd, we'd be able to give you a better idea of the costing for the job, but, as you can appreciate it is very hard to give even a rough quote without seeing the site first.

Good luck with it. ;) ;)

Got another quote for a Eurosec panel alarm with 3 sensors 2 door trip switches and 2 alarm boxes (1 dummy) for £400 + vat.

I have seen these same panels on other sites for £350 + vat for similar standard 3 bed installations.

Is it ok to have the panel next to the mains fuse box, with the kepad by the front door?

Is the kepad wireless or wired to the main panel?

I don't know if the Eurocell is G2 ie. insurance approved.

Should i ask for a Galaxay G2-20 instead for the same money?.

Guest RJBsec

You are very unlikely to get a Galaxy panel alternative in the price as quoted.

Keypad for the Eurosec will be wired I believe - no real problem in having it near the fuse box unless it's close to the front door ... easy access to intruder etc.

Got another quote for a Eurosec panel alarm with 3 sensors 2 door trip switches and 2 alarm boxes (1 dummy) for £400 + vat.

I have seen these same panels on other sites for £350 + vat for similar standard 3 bed installations.

Is it ok to have the panel next to the mains fuse box, with the kepad by the front door?

Is the kepad wireless or wired to the main panel?

I don't know if the Eurocell is G2 ie. insurance approved.

£400 is a good price for a wired system. Eurosec CP8L are G2x so its fine.

Certainly, the installer will wring his cloth cap out & tug at his forelock before giving you a shinny vw for the price of a proton.......

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived