Security Installer Community

Wee

IAS

did I dream there are peoeple advertising to buy WEE? Can`t seem to find anyone now.

Are we talking Nintendo or your old batteries? its the PCB's that you may end up struggling to lose for free

Are we talking Nintendo or your old batteries? its the PCB's that you may end up struggling to lose for free

yes them, now we have our "WEE holding and sorting" exemption I though I would spend an afternoon breaking it all into seperate parts -

Plastic

Metal

PCB`s etc, etc

Batteries go back via ADI as you say it`s PIRs etc we`re struggling to move.

WEEE isn't exactly what a lot of people think. I've looked into it properly and I'm a registered WEEE dealer and I comply fully with the requirements (as we all should) ....... but we've never handled a single item on the WEEE scheme!

A quick explanation: If you replace any component in a DOMESTIC premises you must be a WEEE registered dealer and you must offer to accept the old item for disposal .... but (and here is the loophole) you are not required to transport the waste item yourself. We leave the old item with the customer for them to dispose of it. If they want to they can bring it to our office .... but no-one ever has.

So we are fully compliant, it costs me nowt and requires no work or effort other than keeping a register .... that's a form with no entries in it.

... and don't forget if you bring the old items back yourself you must have a waste carriers licence and a waste transfer station licence for your office or depot, so it's much better to do as I do.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

... and don't forget if you bring the old items back yourself you must have a waste carriers licence and a waste transfer station licence for your office or depot, so it's much better to do as I do.

waste isn`t waste till I declare it as such, usually outside the wholesalers.

the bull **** this country dreams up gets more and more unbelievable.

what an absolute waste of time and resources for everyone involved.

come on coalition, sort it out

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

waste isn`t waste till I declare it as such, usually outside the wholesalers.

Wouldn't it be better to do it legally rather than take the risk? Your choice of course, but I'm on safer ground.

the bull **** this country dreams up gets more and more unbelievable.

what an absolute waste of time and resources for everyone involved.

come on coalition, sort it out

Europe dreamt this one up ... Come on coalition, get us out of Europe.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

not needed, see above

So when you remove the waste and replace it with new ( Battery change) When does it become waste,on inspection at the office? When arrival at wholesalers and they then say yes it is waste, so it always was waste.

You declaring it outside is an admission it is in fact waste.

Not if its a late call out ( Go on you don't do them) Wholesalers is closed you've got a battery in the back dated 5 years ago ( terminals taped I hope) No WEEE book and your stopped by a stroppy Policeman.

So when you remove the waste and replace it with new ( Battery change) When does it become waste,on inspection at the office? When arrival at wholesalers and they then say yes it is waste, so it always was waste.

You declaring it outside is an admission it is in fact waste.

you gotta love self regulation, so how many other myths can we get in one topic hmm?

heard today you can only carry 7 10 4 dead batteries at a time .........

i agree that waste is only waste when marked as such. all kit inc batteries needs to be tested by a specially trained operative when it is returned to the office. what failes after initial onsite tests is waste some is returned to 2nd hand stock etc.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

09 Wings & Wheels, North Weald Model Air show (Essex - ever get a chance go with the kids simply brilliant day out ;) ),

chatting about batteries to a vendor, spotted he sold new 7ah batteries, mentioned he used to buy them used from alarm companies and knock them out cheap to modal car enthusiasts, apparently he'd test them, and many were still good enough for charging up the cars/boats from.

but WEE issues, stopped him doing it rolleyes.gif

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We are good boys :rolleyes:

Registered as waste carriers and the office is a registered waste site

All batteries are stored in a container which is collected when full

All weee waste is stored in another container which again is collected when full

Oh and we now charge a small fee of £1.50 for disposal. If you take your car in for a service they charge to dispose of the old oil. If you have new tyres fitted they charge to dispose of your old tyre !!

We keep within the regs and have never had a complaint for charging for it !!

Archived