Security Installer Community

Sinclair C5 Thread

arfur mo

hybred lexus is only £125 road tax with its 4+ ltr V8, cleint tells me!

so spend £40k & save £275 a yr, bargin :rolleyes:

imo one trouble with the Hybrids i've noticed is when on electric, you have massive vehicle bu you can't hear it, we can be careful but how do the blind and deaf get on?

i reckon they should have some sort of bleepers imo

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

we can be careful but how do the blind and deaf get on?

I clean black bumpers with peanut butter, it kid run out in the road, if the van don't kill 'em maybe a nut allergy will ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I was thinking cbr 600 engine ?

Why MUCK about Suzuki 1300 busa with engine managment set to full. ( Stock bike does 200MPH, 1st version,) they tamed the 2nd. Muwhahhahahahaaaaaa

• 4 months later...

massive appologies for not replying here, but i've not been getting any email notifications?????

Brooklands (based in Surrey) has become the 'spiritual home' for C5's and other electric vehicles, the forum exibets about 4 times a year their, members will at their descretion let people have a ride in one.

but forget abot IC engines guys, thaats seriously old school, last month a Gas Turbine powered C5 shot up the 1 in 4 test hill, there is a video on c5alive.co.uk site (no, you don't have to join ;) ).

have to say only the shell is original, those original plasic wheels just would not last, if it had standard factory brakes i'd shivver to think, most likely would not stop until tower bridge.:ninja: .

mad as a box of frogs, and you feel a real nanna first ride out in one, then you hear kids badgering dads, dads badgering wives for one, the looks on faces are to be seen. some in surprise others in total shock, and don't forget the occassioal yank asking where to buy this new fangled car :rolleyes: , all you can do is the C5 smile - ear to ear.

price when released was £399.00 when it did not do so well mainly thanks to the stupidity of launching a battery vehicle in January, and on top of the biggest hill in North London - Alley Pally,

press ripped it to shreds. it was eventually sold off for £40.00 in Curry's, many still turn up unopened, worth upwards of £1200.00. many are sold from hilly parts like North Wales and Scotland - little used lol!

you can buy a scruffy basket case in need of restoration for £150 ish, a reasonable machine £400.00 up, depends how pristine, how complete and what extras like indicators and wing mirrors are fitted.

most owners now use car batteries, a C5 will do about 15 miles on relatively flat roads/paths on one charge. some fit an extra small battery in the other footwell just to get them home if the main battery fails.

other like my yellow machine have 2 x 70 amp batts, in series for 24 volt running, using a quad bike controller wth a throttle.

compared to Golf or fishing (both i hate) it's a fairly cheap hobby, don't ned a masive tool set or ramp blocking the garauge,

shell was designed by Lotus, being plastic won't rust, chassis is steel but easy enough to strip down, rust treat and paint etc.

its one of those hobbies where everyone laughs at it you, but nobody seems to sneer at you, must just be that small child in all of us i'd guess.

Arfur

didnt uncle clive do a battery bike? zeta or something?

yes, a lesser known product, but called the 'Zike',

if that had been released in the yuppy days i reckon could have made a a place in a nich market.

some members of the forum own them, i'm told bit like riding a mounting bike made of plastacine conduit, me being 16 stone+ so if i ever got on one, it would really be a leap of faith :whistle: .

not Sinclair but another 'beloved' 3 wheeler the Isseta Bubble Car, one of my clients has a small selction of cars, and owns one. she says apart the driving experience being really hairy, not just the handling but the seats are filled with horse hair.

bet that was fun seating for girls wearing a mini skirts tn their heyday :rolleyes:

Arfur

• 2 months later...

Archived