Security Installer Community

Bt Helmet Kit Works With Mda And Tt6

arfur mo

hi Guys

i've used satnav from early days of my business working up from a basic PDA, no post code input and which took about 10 minutes to work out a 5 mile route, could not even auto re-route lol!

but, even with that restricted ability i've found it was always a for general area's where you already know are like say Bristol but not all the roads or traffic systems within them.

being East London born, for me SW London is a nightmare to work out the one way systems etc. i've often finish work very late and exhausted, i don't want to then fiddle with maps in the gloom of my cab, not having much of a clue on how to get home let alone the best way. so what is better than pressing a few buttons for ease of use?

today i have TT6 on a MDA Touch Diamond Smartphone (WM6.1), and Nokia Maps on a N95 8GB, and even on regular trips in the Van i have one or other active to warn of cameras and traffic problems ahead (a lot quicker and more accurate than any local radio) - and vital on any trip involving the blessed and much beloved M25.

if your like me, and often get client calls early morning, they always seem to wait until i've got my helmet and glove's on, just about to move off when the ruddy phone rings epx.png, if i don't answer or i switch it off i risk missing a vital call, perhaps to cancel/postpone the visit i'm setting out on bring some extra kit whatever, if i ignore they will usually persist in keep ringing me, i then have to assume its important pull over or off a motorway to return the call - to be asked what time am i arriving rolleyes.gif.

About 4 years back, i bought the Scala Rider Solo V1 headset from Maplin's spotted it on 'special offer' (this is Scala's basic mono BT Headset), works fine as such for the phone calls, but would not work with the MIO A701 handset or MDA Touch for TT5/6 for me to hear comments or play stored Music, while on the N95 (bought for its louder ring) will relay comments from Nokia's MAPs software, but not music through it.

well to pass time on long trips i like to listen to the music from "War of the World" (now i bet no one would ever have guessed that tongue.gif), a few weeks back i spotted this kit on Ebay (link below), those who know will note it looks very similar to the Scala models and fixed in the same manor. very quick postage from Vendor.

just have to say WOW won't cut it!!! one of those thing you buy at low cost not expecting much, but works astonishingly well with all of my smart phones in every aspect, has an FM radio tuner built in (tbh not wonderful reception, but ok for the times when stuck fast in a jam for traffic reports why and how serious the delays.

bags of undistorted volume to boot, and imo at good quality, but i'm no Hi Fi buff.. there is a link lead supplied for connecting a more basic MP3 player from its earphone socket, and you can intercom between like headsets for when out with the clan.

single unit all for £45.00 posted so if your interested have a good look, be careful as they sell various types including twin intercom only units, ideal for those who have regular pillions, or for group ride outs where higher power BT range is required, could even be used on sites or engineer comms when setting up cameras

follow this link,

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lapsun-gift_Car-Motorcycle-Bike-Parts_W0QQ_fsubZ747939010QQ_sidZ827729720?_nkw=motorcycle&submit=Search

regs

Arfyr Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Looks okay but I would feel stupid wearing a helmet in the van!

.... and be warned; they're from Hong Kong so buying one could well incur heavy import duties

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

true, but tink there is a minimum value.

i've but bought quit a few Ebay bits and bobs over the time this being the dearest though to date, mainly for my the motor bikes, scooters and not forgetting my 2 x Sinclair C5's - yes, thats right those 3 wheeled eccentric egg shaped electric/pedal (but mainly hope) powered mobile loopy bins :0.

might as well post a link

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c16bec9699daeac9eba0492be69c4c3a;

one of mine is the bright yellow jobby in the middle - so now you can have some real fun taking the 'p' out of me rolleyes.gif

but never been surcharged, wondered if it was some wrangle with hong kong being a former colony?.

most come marked 'GIFT' or 'NO VALUE' but customs must surely get know the regular suppliers?

even if it had have been stopped, well worth paying any duty on compared to buyng others UK based imo.

regs

Arfur Mo

I remember when they came out, totally unreliable.

Sod going down a road full of artic`s too. You would be crushed before they knew you were there!

I skipped the waffle & clicked the link, bet he looks a proper charlie in that..........

well, if you HAD read the 'waffle' you would know i was referring to the Scala Solo look alike wink.gif.which is near 3 x the price and ain't as good.

so do you ride ? and if so what?

regs

Arfur Mo

Looks okay but I would feel stupid wearing a helmet in the van!

you want to try it in my Sinclair c5's especially the bright yellow one unsure.gif

regs

Arfur Mo

yes i really do have a bright yellow C5ninja.gif

I remember when they came out, totally unreliable.

Sod going down a road full of artic`s too. You would be crushed before they knew you were there!

bit bafled Oxo,

how would wearing a BT headset inside a crash helmet mean the artic drivers won't see you or see you less?

mind you it seems they can't even see when a car they are shunting long sideways @ 50 mph - or hear the screeching tyres, or smell the burning rubber seemingly either, very worrying imo

regs

Arfur Mo

Guest RJBsec

bit bafled Oxo,

how would wearing a BT headset inside a crash helmet mean the artic drivers won't see you or see you less?

C5 maybe????

bit bafled Oxo,

mind you it seems they can't even see when a car they are shunting long sideways @ 50 mph - or hear the screeching tyres, or smell the burning rubber seemingly either, very worrying imo

regs

Arfur Mo

I meant the C5 not the sodding headset!

Archived