Security Installer Community

User Manual needed

Guest 21juneboy

Guest 21juneboy

I am trying to obtain User & Installation manuals for a C & K Systems Active 5 (ACT 5).

It may have been made or distributed by Securitech in 1997.

Guest S&K SYSTEMS

hi there try C&K systems ltd

unit 24 walkers road north moons moat indstrial esate redditch worcs

B98 9HE tel 0152768111 hope this helps :IDEA:

• 2 months later...
I am trying to obtain User & Installation manuals for a C & K Systems Active 5 (ACT 5).

It may have been made or distributed by Securitech in 1997.

18048[/snapback]

Hi matey did ya get the act 5 manual? I have on in my collection of manuals.

nel.

• 1 year later...
C&K have added the active 5 manuals to thier site so anyone can download the engineers manuals

Can someone tell me where to get this manual? I've been looking everywhere for it - I keep getting tied up on lots of Honeywell sites which don't seem to have anything as old as the Active 5 on them.

Thanks - Rowan

• 1 year later...

I wonder if anyone can help us.

We have had a burglar alarm called a Sentinel CA66, which apparently is a rebranded C&K Active 5, for over 10 years, ever since we moved in to our house. We took it over from the previous occupants, and also the maintenance contract.

2 years ago we terminated our contract with Chubb because we felt that the maintenance charge was excessive, particularly for such an old alarm system. We expected Chubb to come round and remove the alarm system - indeed we tried to get them to come round several times. Then they told us that the alarm belonged to us now. This is not what the original contract said - it included the hire of the alarm.

We continued to use the alarm since Chubb had said it belonged to us. (only for when we go out, never at night). 2 weeks ago we were shocked when the alarm went off at 2am in the morning - the tamper had tripped, but no-one had been near the console. I actually felt frightened that we wouldn't be able to turn it off. Anyway, since then we haven't reset it for fear of it going off again.

I really think that we need instruction manuals of some kind for us to continue using this alarm. At the moment it is sitting in the corner of the hall 'glowering' at us with its red tamper light on !

I have looked at the C&K, now Honeywell, site, but I think this alarm is too old for them to care about it.

Can anyone out there point us in the direction of manuals?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jonathan

We expected Chubb to come round and remove the alarm system - indeed we tried to get them to come round several times. Then they told us that the alarm belonged to us now. This is not what the original contract said - it included the hire of the alarm.

Think that tells you something :whistle:

Think that tells you something :whistle:

It tells you that it costs them to remove an alarm that probably has no resale value and that if they can avoid that, they will.

It also tells you, in relation to another thread that wasn't very helpful to the starter, that there can be plenty of ways that you can legally obtain //.National Installer.// bell boxes (you suspicious lot :bruce_h4h: )

And yes, I do know that Chubb is not //.National Installer.//......

It also tells you, in relation to another thread that wasn't very helpful to the starter, that there can be plenty of ways that you can legally obtain //.National Installer.// bell boxes (you suspicious lot :bruce_h4h: )

You've lost me ... and I suspect everyone else.

Archived