Security Installer Community

15" & 17" Flat-panel Monitor Recommendations

Looking for a quality (ideally) 15" flat-panel monitor that produces as close as possible, the picture quality of a CRT monitor. It appears that 15" are a little hard to get hold of, in that case 17" would be ok.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Dan

I've installed/used...

Sanyo (Average)

X-Vision (below average but cheap) *Installed 2 of these and they both went within a day of each other at around 7 months old but there was no fuss with X-vision and they replaced them very quickly

Norbains previous model (pretty poor)

Samsung STM-17LA (Impressive)

I always spec the Samsung 17/19" where using TFT as i'm happy with it at this time.

I've installed/used...

Sanyo (Average)

X-Vision (below average but cheap) *Installed 2 of these and they both went within a day of each other at around 7 months old but there was no fuss with X-vision and they replaced them very quickly

Norbains previous model (pretty poor)

Samsung STM-17LA (Impressive)

I always spec the Samsung 17/19" where using TFT as i'm happy with it at this time.

Also agree the STM Series are the dogs

Looking for a quality (ideally) 15" flat-panel monitor that produces as close as possible, the picture quality of a CRT monitor. It appears that 15" are a little hard to get hold of, in that case 17" would be ok.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Dan

AG Neovo SX17 (and SX19) are the ones we are using at the moment.

Check warranty and repairs costs though as with LCD monitors it seems to me they are being considered by the manufacturers' as throw away items!

Ilkie

The Neovo's are built like a tank, picked one up new on ebay.

Nice monitor, if a little reflective with the pure glass front, and it gets dirty easy, but well built none the less.

Handy bnc input as well as the usual dvi etc.

Archived