Security Installer Community

Abacus Evolution - Wiring Outside Box

badderscoach

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here.

I've got builders doing some work and they've had to remove the outside box but haven't made a note of the wiring!

It's now time to reconnect it but they've no idea how to go about it.

There's 4 colour colded wires, yellow, red, blue and black which seem to come from the following in the control panel:

yellow - tamper

red - ho+

blue - bell

black - ho-

In the box outside there's a row of connections:

BT-, ST, TR, TS, ENG, +R, -R, +H, -H, BT+

It's a system i've inherited so i'm not even sure who installed it but if anyone could give me any ideas, i'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks....

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here.

I've got builders doing some work and they've had to remove the outside box but haven't made a note of the wiring!

It's now time to reconnect it but they've no idea how to go about it.

There's 4 colour colded wires, yellow, red, blue and black which seem to come from the following in the control panel:

yellow - tamper

red - ho+

blue - bell

black - ho-

In the box outside there's a row of connections:

BT-, ST, TR, TS, ENG, +R, -R, +H, -H, BT+

It's a system i've inherited so i'm not even sure who installed it but if anyone could give me any ideas, i'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks....

i would get the builders to pay for an engineer to come and reconnect it

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

TBO it was a bodge job to start with. I guess the original installer (nay, upgrader) joined the strobe & bell together to save running a new cable to the external sounder.

(or poss bypassed the bell tamper in the panel to give seperate bell & strobe).

As above, get an engineer in to give you the options.

TBO it was a bodge job to start with. I guess the original installer (nay, upgrader) joined the strobe & bell together to save running a new cable to the external sounder.

(or poss bypassed the bell tamper in the panel to give seperate bell & strobe).

As above, get an engineer in to give you the options.

He did say that the blue wire was split into two so i guess that would be what your talking about. Would that be the ST for strobe but which one for the bell? On from this, what about the other wires? Where would they go?

I'm guessing the red into +H, black into -H and the yellow into the TR for tamper return?

Guest RJBsec
He did say that the blue wire was split into two so i guess that would be what your talking about. Would that be the ST for strobe but which one for the bell? On from this, what about the other wires? Where would they go?

I'm guessing the red into +H, black into -H and the yellow into the TR for tamper return?

As soon as he starts to try to put it right he takes responsibility for it - the builders failed to do their job properly and should therefore either put it right or pay for it to be put right.

As soon as he starts to try to put it right he takes responsibility for it - the builders failed to do their job properly and should therefore either put it right or pay for it to be put right.

I realise that but i was trying to help him so i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me too.

Archived