Security Installer Community

Logic 4 Home Alarm Tamper Light On & Wont Set

My elderly mother had a Logic 4 Alarm fitted 15 years ago but the fitter cannot be contacted now. The alarm panel shows a red tamper light on but the alarm will not set - it just keeps making a tone

There are 2 door magnetic switches which are operating the panel and 4 shock sensors on the windows. 2 of the shock sensors are flashing but the other 2 permanently lite

I don't know how to diagnose this and if its a problem within a sensor or control module

Anyone any idea how to fix this please or what might be wrong with it please?

My elderly mother had a Logic 4 Alarm fitted 15 years ago but the fitter cannot be contacted now. The alarm panel shows a red tamper light on but the alarm will not set - it just keeps making a tone

There are 2 door magnetic switches which are operating the panel and 4 shock sensors on the windows. 2 of the shock sensors are flashing but the other 2 permanently lite

I don't know how to diagnose this and if its a problem within a sensor or control module

Anyone any idea how to fix this please or what might be wrong with it please?

The tamper light indicates when a tamper circuit is active, the tamper circuit protects the panel, the external sounder, all the detectors and door contacts along with all the wiring and any other periphial devices.

On some panels these devices are indicated separately so you can narrow down the problem but with the logic 4 you onlya have one indicator for everything.

To properly diagnose it you need a multimeter and a few basic hand tools and the confidence to use them.

If you're up for the challenge I will talk you through narrowing it down, if you're not confident get a pro in.

Archived