Security Installer Community

New I-on 16 With Error Codes.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing that no-one here bothered listening to what I said, so I'll repeat...

No this is not mates rates, the system is newly installed and in the process of being commisioned, I deleted a single smoke out of the config. , I don't play around with my alarm and there is no way this would invalidated any warranty eetc.

Now, if anyone has some constructive advice on the supervisor fault on the smoke then I will take that advice and discuss it with my installer.

Roy

I'm guessing that no-one here bothered listening to what I said, so I'll repeat...

No this is not mates rates, the system is newly installed and in the process of being commisioned, I deleted a single smoke out of the config. , I don't play around with my alarm and there is no way this would invalidated any warranty eetc.

Now, if anyone has some constructive advice on the supervisor fault on the smoke then I will take that advice and discuss it with my installer.

Roy

Well, i tried to be neutral, that'll teach me.

And why do i think you'll be waiting a long time for a reply to your question.

Right, back to fannying about with my Cisco network.

Roy

Roy your banging your lone drum against a wave of experience & opinion.

Ref the underlined - Ask them if their inspectorate & insurance company are happy for them to share engineering codes and engineering of panels with customers for DIY use & why they think it acceptable to leave a faulty system down for 72hrs+.

These are HUGE issues you seem to have no grasp of yet feel it acceptable to question our questioning of the same.

Your finding no favour with your replies so best call an end IMO.

Good luck with your new unworking system your installer has left you with and your own effort to fix it whilst awaiting their return.

C.

The choice was between something like a 9651 with a hybrid on it, or go full wireless on the i-on 16. It basically came down to the physical positioning of the detectors required, the quantity of them and the fact that all the existing system was wired to useless positions.

The house is 20 years old and has a very shallow sub-floor, so difficult for access. The i-on 16 looked like a good panel and the wireless on it looks very good as well. There were trade-offs on either panel, but in the end we opted for the i-on. I'm sure the other would have been just as good an option.

Roy.

20 year old house, has the ceilings been changed or is the plasterboard is foil back ? if so the plaster board can act as a ground plain, stand the smoke of by 20mm. Might do the trick

BTW no house is difficult for a proffesional installer, looks like the one you picked isnt going of the posts above and no cover on a bank holiday weekend.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived