Security Installer Community

Wiring A Galaxy

you don't need to be a trade member, have made 15 posts or even be logged in to see the gallery so I can't help on that one, sorry.

C.

The error returned was: There are no categories that you have permission to view

JW been at the settings again :lol:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you see resistors inside the panel its not been fitted correctly!

although i agree with the above in wiring/engineering sense it is also good practice to link out unused zones with resistors so it is possible to see resistors in the end station (and RIOS)

:whistle:

pedantic paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest old-hand

You posted this twice, care then to explain why this is good practise when the zones are unused, spared out, not programmed?

You posted this twice, care then to explain why this is good practise when the zones are unused, spared out, not programmed?

Actally i did,nt - for some reason my 4 oclock post got duplicated later in thread.

I was always advised to link out unused zones on galaxy training courses , can,t actually remember the reasons they cited but it was something technical. But hey if i am wrong then all i am doing is wasting my time.

I probably tend to do it now because i work a lot on Europlex 3GS and if you don,t put a resistor in unused zones they are not counted and it makes adding zones awkward from a number count / location point of view

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest old-hand
Actally i did,nt - for some reason my 4 oclock post got duplicated later in thread.

I was always advised to link out unused zones on galaxy training courses , can,t actually remember the reasons they cited but it was something technical. But hey if i am wrong then all i am doing is wasting my time.

I probably tend to do it now because i work a lot on Europlex 3GS and if you don,t put a resistor in unused zones they are not counted and it makes adding zones awkward from a number count / location point of view

Paul

Kewl, soz thought it was posted twice.

cheers

When i looked after a very large site (Blue and Yellow Sweedish shop) the galaxy 500 went slower and slower until it almost stopped, after a restart it would be ok for about 2 weeks then the same again.

Was advised by tech that we needed to link out all the spare zones as this would help.

Anyway i did not bother as there was no spec so i had no idea where the 40 or so rio's where.

dont link out as if program is made properly it should work with just how its programed also big site 800ms per zone think the regs say a responce time in there somewere of about 2s or some thing like it on zone open, regs in car its cold im on my way to bed lol but yea could just be bad data on 485 lines crashing the 500, big euros get slow not bad but exit eng test takes a wile :( about same as galaxys on big euro :)

loads of 1k's in panel good if you need some spairs at a pinch lol

From a programmers point of view ( who also does electrical stuff) I would say in a perfect world unused should be unused.

Dont link em with resistors.

Unless you dont trust the software, in which case, //.B.W.F.// why are you using the alarm at a customers premises?

If they are prog'd as unused they should read as unused, or possibly as a open. Any other condition is abnormal, and if the alarm is not picking that up, I would change to a better manufacturer (tempted actually after realising the classics are so bad they dont even have a checksum check)

ken eh?

The classics do have a mem checksum so im confused by your point.

I do agree that unused should mean unused and i always thought it was to protect less caperble engineers if they re-enabled a circuit that wasnt connected etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived