Security Installer Community

Identifying Outstations

I have a fault on my Gent 3400 that says "Wiring Changed-Ground Break at Card2". How do I identify that Outstation which has a fault on it? Is it the Loop Card or the Outstation? The system has never been touched since installation so I wonder how this fault came up.

Thanks in advance.

I have a fault on my Gent 3400 that says "Wiring Changed-Ground Break at Card2". How do I identify that Outstation which has a fault on it? Is it the Loop Card or the Outstation? The system has never been touched since installation so I wonder how this fault came up.

Thanks in advance.

Ground Break is a split on the Negative Conductor,

Are you the maintainer or the end User,

Tampering with a fire system that you don't know, expessially a gent, is not very wise.

When you say "never been touched" has it been serviced, it must have been it's about 10 years old???

Let us know who you are?

All the Best

Dean

Dean Wholey

NCC

Dean.Wholey@Ntlworld.com

Thanks for the reply, I'm the end user, since I'm only new with Fire Alarm Panels specially with Gent, I still need to know what are the dos and donts. Manuals available doesnt have the troubleshooting and maintenance guidelines specially with faults. You have no choice but to call for an "expert" which will just waste time. I am a PLC user and shifted to Fire Alarm Panels.

Thanks for the reply, I'm the end user, since I'm only new with Fire Alarm Panels specially with Gent, I still need to know what are the dos and donts. Manuals available doesnt have the troubleshooting and maintenance guidelines specially with faults. You have no choice but to call for an "expert" which will just waste time. I am a PLC user and shifted to Fire Alarm Panels.

If you haven't done any Gent training or had any experience with this type of panel before. I don't recommend touching as this could just lead to more self created problems, this is not a dig at you personally.

your outstation is gents speak for a detector, you should have a list of devices with text if not you can check in the menu, the problem you may have is to change the fault part you need to stop the loop or major problems can occur get in touch i and i will tell you of a local company that can help you find parts and give advice

:beer: eddy:beer:

Thanks in advance.

Gent kit can be sensitive to bumps and knocks causing this kind of fault, but, if the system is old and un-maintained chances are a detector will go faulty when the system is allocated.

The ground break has not caused the system to lose any devices but if you fiddle with it chances are the loop will 'crash' and you won't be able to re-allocate it.

Best left to a Gent trained engineer, honest!

I would pop in and have a look but I wouldn't be home in time for tea.... :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Thanks for the some details, now I can figure out how the fault came, maybe its right that allocating or resetting the card would cause this fault. Resetting the POWER may solve the problem since its still in the processor memory, Is it?

Thanks for the some details, now I can figure out how the fault came, maybe its right that allocating or resetting the card would cause this fault. Resetting the POWER may solve the problem since its still in the processor memory, Is it?

Give it a try. Be aware though when you power it back up all the loops will start re-allocating and if they dont allocate your in a whole world of mess if you dont play Gent. You may lose your labels also!

Your a brave man, good luck tell us how it goes :help:

Archived