Security Installer Community

Alarm System For Elderly

Guest dale

Guest dale

Right guys, me needs a bit of advice...

I installed a conqueror about 6 years ago for my grandma and she has been fine with it, but now shes getting a bit older and I want to put in a better alarm system so that if she falls she can contact us.

I know that Tunstall Telecom have a system that is used by social services so that in an emergency the customer can press a pendant necklace button to alert emergecy services.

Something like this would be ideal but I would want the system to either contact a monitoring service or even better one of the famiy directly.

Now I have been thinking I could install an 8 zone system like the Texecom R8, then a wireless zone extender and a wireless panic button all linked to a vocaliser, but the vocaliser (as far as im aware) does not give you any information about which zone has been activated, ie is it a fire zone, intruder zone or panic?

But if anyone knows of any better way of doing it I would be grateful, any advice would be great.

Dale

What youve suggested doing seems fine, you can programme the pendant to activate the PA button on the panel, which in turn will activate the PA input on the dialer, you can programme the dialer to send any message you require for that activated channel.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest simmo

You can wire up the Pyronix Vocaliser to indicate whether it is an intruder activation or PA etc its pretty straight forward.

You can also add more than the one standard microphone to give better coverage.

I've used one of these systems before and was pretty impressed with the results.

cheers

Simmo B)

Any recommendations on which wireless reciever and transmitter to use, I think Rokonet make one as I seem to recall.

Also anyone know where I can get Rokonet or other wireless add-on kits from as my local distributor dosent sell them - or at least the sales guys don't seem to think they sell them!

Guest THOMSONSECURITY

Yep the Vocaliser does differentiate between types of trigger (3 of max)

The microphones are truly excellent...... Ya can hear the cockroaches farting if the place is empty ;)

The drawbacks to it are: The listen in feature is it isn't full duplex you cant talk & listen @ the same time...

The listen in feature connects for 15 second bursts then you have to ask it to connect you again (Function 53) which may not be quite as expected (I'm not knocking it I'm telling it like it is)

Pyronix will for a small fee adjust the software functions, except the recording capabilaties (well they might but I wouldn't like to guess a cost) :(

Why not fit a system like the ADE Logic six...... It has a Proximity tag reciever built in to the panel....... Easy for Granny to set! :rolleyes:

Or a ADE G3 with a "Simple Set" Remote proximity set device.

Remote panic buttons are OK but my experiance is they get left Gawd knows where.. Bingo....Derby & Joan Club.....Etc etc so don't rely on them totally, fit a good few Panic buttons around the place too...... Perhaps The CQR illuminated ones! Next to Bed Etc & the one by the front door (I try & put them close to the light switch)

IMPORTANT: Use the Batt back up system in the vocaliser (not supplied with batt)

If Granny's going to get in trouble, you can bet it will happen when the lights suddenly go off......... (Granted not very oftern.....But alarms arn't needed to activate on a daily basis are they)

Batt backup on the remote reciever unit too B) & (At Home) I have the biggest known Back up Power supply known to Man........... Just so it all keeps running NO MATTER WHAT (Off soap box now)

Regards

John Murphy

Guest Adrian

B) A thought for you if you use proxy tags your grandmother will have minimum interaction with the keypad (possible shakey hands/eye site not as good ect...)

Also I think pyronix panels and vocalisers can be silenced by phone remotely.

Well I think this is what pyronix told me at IFSEC.

Just a thought :?:

Adrian B)

Guest Adrian

B) Hell I was still writing my last post when THOMSONSECURITY put his post up

Adrian :banghead:

B) Wow this is my one hundredth post :rolleyes:

Thanks for your response guys!

After a fair bit of deliberation I think we have settled on going down the digi-com route as unfortunately there is no guarantee anyone would be able to respond to the vocaliser, it would just be our luck that something would happen when everybody is out and nobody has there mobile switched on - ie a friday or Saturday night!

So I have just picked up a Texecom R8+ (the one with digi-com interface) and have scheduled an install date. But seen as I aint ever installed any type of Digi-com gear (prefering the speech dialler route) what do I need to do next? Im assuming I contact an ARC, but which is the cheapest/best? I have conteplated //.National Installer.// but heard a few horrer stories so any advice would be useful...

If I manage to get this right might recommend it to some of my customers.

D

Whether Digicom or Dialer, it makes no difference if the keyholders arent available.

Police will only attend a confirmed alarm (unless theres nothing else to do). They will attend a PANIC dependant on other priorities. How will you assign the channel for Assistance ? And can you guarantee a response from anyone if no keyholders are available.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest THOMSONSECURITY

Just doesn't matter really............... Just look forward to the bill every month :no:

Still its your decision........... Who looks after your mum....digicom or you ?

:blink:

TURN YA MOBILE ON!

Archived