Security Installer Community

Where Does The 3k Resistor Go..

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to those who helped me with the previous PIR wiring question. I have one more and then hopefully Im done for the week!

I have a new Honeywell Galaxy Dimension inc touchcentre. I have just started putting my PIRs in(Bosch blueline with pet detection - thanks Redbull for previous recommendation). I got into a bit of bother last night trying to work out whether I could have multiple PIRs off one zone (due to my downstairs cabling being put in when house was constructed and so the cabling is one continuous, in series, line around the ground floor.)

I understand now that I cant easily have multiple PIRs off one zone, i understand I can do one further zone by using another unused pair in the six core cable, so I am going to attempt shortly to put more individual cables from the control panel into each room (so each room is a zone).

Where I am now is that I want to wire up one PIR on a cable line. Starting off at basics. I understand from the honeywell installation manual for this panel that I should put in a 3k resistor between the two fault terminals on the detector in addition to the 1k resistors between the tamper in and outs and the alarm in and out.

My query is with my PIR - the bosch doesnt, what what I can see, have two fault terminals. It has:

Tamper Contact, negative, positive, alarm relay(in), alarm relay(out), DA(? - digital alarm?), and then Tamper Contact. This is looking at the terminals left to right.

where does the 3k resistor go?

much appreciated. if you were close I would buy you a pint in the local!

i havnt logged onto this site for ages, i cant believe how much it has changed.

the last time i was on her everyone would have told any non trade person asking how to wire a galaxy dimension in his own home that he should get a pro in.

im not sure that galaxy dimensions should be available for every tom, dick and harry.

Trade Intruder

Guest old-hand
im not sure that galaxy dimensions should be available for every tom, dick and harry.

Ask OP where he bought it from..........................

Ask OP where he bought it from..........................

my guess i e**y

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

doesnt matter where he bought it, if sites like this didnt give him the info he needed to programme/wire it then it would be money wasted.

there are loads of reasons that the info on programming/wiring these panels shouldnt be given out, but surely the selfish reason is we are feeling the pinch at the moment and any info we give to people like this is coming out of our pockets.

just want to add, im not saying we shouldnt help people, i just dont think we should give free info out to some guy that is fitting a touch screen dimension in his house

Trade Intruder

doesnt matter where he bought it, if sites like this didnt give him the info he needed to programme/wire it then it would be money wasted.

there are loads of reasons that the info on programming/wiring these panels shouldnt be given out, but surely the selfish reason is we are feeling the pinch at the moment and any info we give to people like this is coming out of our pockets.

just want to add, im not saying we shouldnt help people, i just dont think we should give free info out to some guy that is fitting a touch screen dimension in his house

Valid point possibly-any views peeps?-I help out where I can, and as thus can be classed as 'short changing myself'-trade discussion perhaps?. :whistle:

Richard.

Guest old-hand

If the OP cannot work out a 3k resistor do you really think he can programme a Galaxy?

Agreed a default item should not be given out.

Do you go on other sites and ask for advise? And expect an answer?

Blimey If I wanted to build a rudimentary nuke i can get it on the web, WTF is wrong about saying do not use a 3k resistor?

Edit.....

PS All are feeling the pinch, OP you me and the rest of the freekin world.

If OP stuffs it up you/me/boss gets call and we still earn.

Or are you upset a member of the public has access to a Dimension? Now thats another question isnt it!

Or are you upset a member of the public has access to a Dimension? Now thats another question isnt it!

is a dimension that hard to get hold of? if any joe of the street can walk in to an alarm wholesaler and buy an galaxy g2 then its just up to them if they want to pay the extra cash of 1. when i do homers for friends and fam i get then to supply the kit (galaxy g2 ). is it realy that bad that the public can buy it so easy? Bearing in mind they dont come with installation or programming manuels.

i think the dimensions come with quick start guide these days ;)

"Blimey If I wanted to build a rudimentary nuke i can get it on the web" oxo: just read the books from school some of its in there lol

How much should we charge him then?

Where do we draw the line at helping ppl? Vertas ok, but touchscreen not? who's to say gals are pucker & tex isnt. Matter of opinion I guess.

Why does feeling the pinch come into it. Either ok to help or not ok to help.

i think the dimensions come with quick start guide these days ;)

"Blimey If I wanted to build a rudimentary nuke i can get it on the web" oxo: just read the books from school some of its in there lol

Not in his day it wasn't :lol:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived