Security Installer Community

Fuse

hi,

I accidentally blew the 20mm 1amp glass fuse on my galaxy dimension panel as I had incorrectly wired a zone and so I am wanting to get a replacement, but when looking at rs components there are a few fuses with different blow\breaking rating(35a, 100a and 150a for examples).

Do you happen to know which fuse rating I require? I have gone through the honeywell manual and cant find fuse specifications in enough detail.

cheers!

The info will be on the fuses metal end cap (the blown one) or is often printed on the circuit board below the fuse.

The main thing to get right in the mA rating - Too low and you will find it could blow for no reason and too high and you will find the next time you wire something incorrectly, the fuse will not blow so easily and you will end up with a damaged control panel.

The fuse you need should be available in most electronic stores as mentioned above.

We have used www.thefusecompany.co.uk for any rare fuses, but they are a tad expensive.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

dont think anyone publishes full pcb schematics for anything anymore. THey used to be available from the manufactures if you did the relevant courses etc, workshop manuals etc. Not sure they exist anymore. I would say we do have a throwaway culture, and in our own company we would reject a board if it had a fault rather than try to repair it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived