Security Installer Community

Wiring Sensors Into Alarm Panel

I've got some Menvier M12 sensors. I'm going to wire them into my Bosch Abacus Evolution Alarm panel. I am assuming that I should use resistors in the same manner that I did for the alarm sensors. But the documentation for the sensors does not show that resistors should be installed. Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian, Yes exactly the same as any device that uses normally closed wiring-PIR's, contacts etc.

Just be aware as to how you set it up-if your wiring to a aux pos I would set it as non latching as you will still know what zone has activated,If you have an pos output that can be progged as detector reset or whatever (don't know the panel) then you can put as latching cos the panel will reset it.

If you set as latching with a perm pos you will physically have to reset the detector-ie pull power or remove/refit the head!.

Richard.

The panel has an output that can be configured to latch when a Fire Sensor has activated. However, most of my sensors are going to be connected to Remote Expansion Modules. So there isn't the opportunity to do this. However, each sensor will be on a seperate zone. So the Panel Logs will tell me which sensor triggered.

Ian

I've fitted the first of the Menvier M12 sensors now. I wired the resistors just like I would for a conventional burglar alarm sensor. The sensor is flashing every 10 seconds to show me it is working correctly. The problem is, my panel is saying that the sensor is open circuit. ie the panel can see the 6.9k given by the 2.2k + 4.7k resistors. I disconnected the resistors and my panel showed that the zone was completely open circuit. I tried another M12 and got the same behaviour. I've also tried SW1 in both positions (Latched and Auto Reset).

Can anyone suggest why I am seeing this?

Ian

Guest old-hand

Now test it.

CCT closed could be another mistake.

The detector is there to protect not be a pretty ornament.

TEST

Archived