Security Installer Community

Protec Algotec Panel

I have a Protec algotec panel on site which has a faulty detector , there are no address switches on it so a replacement would require pre programming I would assume , does anyone have experience of theses systems.

Also of the 5 systems we have on site all of them have incorrect zone allocations or none at all , is this only changeable by a down load via a lap top?

Thanks Brendan

I have a Protec algotec panel on site which has a faulty detector , there are no address switches on it so a replacement would require pre programming I would assume , does anyone have experience of theses systems.

Also of the 5 systems we have on site all of them have incorrect zone allocations or none at all , is this only changeable by a down load via a lap top?

Thanks Brendan

the protec address system uses unique barcodes for each device, you will notice a sticker on the back of the detector, you can swap a device like for like as detailed below;

it depends what algotec panel it is as there are two X400(big blue diplay) X300(slim green display) replace the device first then goto the panel, on the X400 enter the service code 157621 and go to the service menu, select exchange devices then select the loop it will show you the barcode of the missing address accept this and then it will show you the barcode of the new address accept this and thats pretty much all there is to it!

on the X300 its the same procedure but entered through the advanced options menu.

zones and things can only be changed by laptop, so you need to get protec to attend or a company called procyon who are licensed to use protecs software!

• 2 weeks later...

the panel is probly a x300 series the user code to exchange devices(swop heads) is 101010 and this should take you to the missing device, swop heads and accept changes. the panel may come up with a system faualt and a short power down power up after the device is swopped. after a few seconds tthe main menu should be accessable and the heading clear system fault should be shown enter in to this menu then the panel should clear after a few moments . make sure that the correct head type is ordered as this will cause a type error and requires protec high security codes and lap top to clear.

all the best

:beer:eddy :beer:

Archived