Security Installer Community

Honeywell Dualtec Dt7550a

I am considering using these in my house for a new install.

What are the pros and cons of using dualtecs in a house - my aim is to reduce false alarms.

Are there any "health" issues with using microwave detectors in a house ?

Thanks

Not used these PIR,s but DT's are the best to use and no health issues. Honeywell are one of the top brands but also look at the Risco I-Wise as i have use them and they are good imo. Optex are also good.

!

The cons with these, they are rather large. The Risco I-Wise and Optex are a more acceptable size for a domestic install. There have been some problems with a batch of the Honeywell False alarming. Make sure you dont over range the microwave so it picks up through windows.

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

the mic is less critical witrh these as they are k band, not the old x band the risco uses.

ANd id of said they were the same size. Id have to dig out the dimenesions but i wouldnt say there was much in it, if anything. PLus the anti mask on the i-wise has its own issues

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Installed correctly, DT's will be more reliable than a PIR.

Generally DT's will require more knowledge to install effectively.

Incorrect installation can create problems.

n

I like these detectors,only problem I've seen is high resistance on the alarm contacts,probably just a bad batch,set up correctly they are great

Trade Member

• 2 years later...

Just seen this topic, Ive had problems with a few of these.

At my parents' house, they have a draughty outbuilding (a huge barn/implement shed) which has always had problems with 'visitors'. Originally I fitted Pyronix colt PIRs with analogue pulsecount set to max. This was fine until birds started nesting in there, causing the odd false alarm, whenupon I fitted a couple of dual tech Pyronix units which worked just great; though at £38 a pop trade were pricey.

When some twonk bashed through an asbestos wall sheet and stole my brother's cordless nutrunner, I decided I needed another sensor. I fitted one of these honeywells; they were on offer at the time from a well-known trade wholesaler.

I've never had so many false alarms with it! I've had to turn both channels right down to minimum so that it needs to see a human in the building messing about for half a minute or so before it will turn red and trigger.

It's always the PIR section that seems too sensitive; the MW section seems great.

Putting it down to experience, I fitted a batch at my new premises a couple of years ago, including one in the loft space. After a few days it started false alarming; it turned out to be an Owl roosting in the loft triggering it. I turned it right down to minimum but the owl still triggered it.

In the end, I parallel-connected one of my parents old Pyronic colts with the Honeywell; that has cured the owl triggering but easily triggers on a human.

I guess dual techs aren't a catch-all solution! :hmm:

Installed correctly, DT's will be more reliable than a PIR.

Generally DT's will require more knowledge to install effectively.

Incorrect installation can create problems.

Did you see this post, very relevant?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived