Security Installer Community

Jpeg 2000 Dvr

I pulled out a 3 year old jpeg2000 DVR which i fitted, i have replaced the faulty 6.3amp "wow" psu and got the dvr running. I download the remote viewing software which works up to a point. The playback fast forward only makes dvr bleep. I went to enterprise and got the older software as the new stuff is for the h264 machines aswell, but i still have no fastforward etc via the local network. On the dvr all control's are fine!!

Now i have looked around and i think there might be a fw update for the dvr but i'm worried about doing that.

I have never had this issue before and we have fitted a few of these in the past, not that i would fit them now but its a handy service replacement.

I had tried the software on different pc's still with the same effect.

DVR has got a 320gig and a 160gig drive which are originals.

DVR set to high res 720*288.

Its entry level but it should still work !!

Thinking its broken, anyone else had this ?

cheers

Hi Matt

Can't help but once you've made the magic number of "15" posts you can apply (FOC) to join the trade only sdide of the forum via the link below.

cheers

c.

Thanks for that mate.

It is a bit of a strange one, i have not had this before and been in the industry for over 16 years now. It just makes it painfull looking through footage. I have got the main monitor running through a usb capture lead to pc and some great software which gives me playback, just a pain.

I wished i had found this place years ago, as i like to share what i have learnt over the years.

cheers anyway

I pulled out a 3 year old jpeg2000 DVR which i fitted, i have replaced the faulty 6.3amp "wow" psu and got the dvr running. I download the remote viewing software which works up to a point. The playback fast forward only makes dvr bleep. I went to enterprise and got the older software as the new stuff is for the h264 machines aswell, but i still have no fastforward etc via the local network. On the dvr all control's are fine!!

Now i have looked around and i think there might be a fw update for the dvr but i'm worried about doing that.

I have never had this issue before and we have fitted a few of these in the past, not that i would fit them now but its a handy service replacement.

I had tried the software on different pc's still with the same effect.

DVR has got a 320gig and a 160gig drive which are originals.

DVR set to high res 720*288.

Its entry level but it should still work !!

Thinking its broken, anyone else had this ?

cheers

Hi Matt

There was a firmware update for the JPEG200 DVR's.

I would talk to enterprise.

One of the guys at bedford knows someone who knows a lot about these DVR's.

Hi Matt

There was a firmware update for the JPEG200 DVR's.

I would talk to enterprise.

One of the guys at bedford knows someone who knows a lot about these DVR's.

That was my next plan mate, i just didn't want to go that route as its a one way trip, a bad flash could put it over the edge !

I have a working DVR now i dont !!!!!

Not that a fw flash should be needed, but you never no.

Enterprise here i come......

fast forward on remote view?

you mean you've downloaded a backup from DVR and running it through playback software you cant FWD?

never came across this and i've fitted tons of these over last 5 years but not the Enterprise versions ... NTIC direct from Manuf

there have been at least 3 flash updates for FW in last couple of years

fast forward on remote view?

you mean you've downloaded a backup from DVR and running it through playback software you cant FWD?

never came across this and i've fitted tons of these over last 5 years but not the Enterprise versions ... NTIC direct from Manuf

there have been at least 3 flash updates for FW in last couple of years

I'm using the web viewer software, hitting the playback button then going to "A" time pressing play, then if you press the FF button in bleeps then flashes up with searching and continues at same speed.

I have now tried a few different software versions still the same.

Enterprise now on the case , which is cool.

Good that on a 3ish year old DVR still getting support.

I must admit i never even tried this when it was first installed so i have no idea if it worked from the of!

I will keep you all posted and thanks to all.

Matt :yes:

Not familar with the that unit but its not unusual not to have those type of controls on playback directly from the machine, often you only get that sort of control after downloading locally but again I would say I not familar with that machine but hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Not familar with the that unit but its not unusual not to have those type of controls on playback directly from the machine, often you only get that sort of control after downloading locally but again I would say I not familar with that machine but hope it helps.

The firmware update did the trick, now all remote functions work. thanks to Enterprise.

cheers

Archived