Security Installer Community

Panel Advice

Got a weekend job to do :whistle: so i am looking for a good domestic panel to use.Have been doing fire for a few years now but used to be on security side of things but a bit out of the loop. Job will be bell only with about 5ccts.Looking for advice on pirs,i have used optex in the past found them to be good.A panel needs to be reliable and have a remote kpd and finally a decent sab.I am used to using Galaxys but not too sure how much they would be.I realise like with alot of things its stick to what you know but ideally panel would be easy to program and fault find with.

Me fail English? That's unpossible

Budget?

For cheaper panels, I would recommend the Castle Euro Mini. If you've been "out of the loop" for a while, might be an idea to power it up with a keypad first to get used to the programming etc. I find them very easy to use personally, just read the manuals a few times before you fit it. With regards to the ease of fault finding, I would have thought that was more down to the engineer than the panel. You tend to find the average domestic panels won't have much in the way of diagnostics, but the Castle does have one or two features that might help you in that respect.

Passives, don't think you will go wrong with Optex RX-40's.

Bells, I would go for either a Risco Novagard or Texecom Odyssey.

Don't forget the spur, battery and speaker.

Trade Member

No not really but should the worst happen id rather not have a panel that has a few 'gotchas' in.Budget is what ever for a mid range panel.Not after budget gear as its a friend but dont want waste money over speccing the job either.

Me fail English? That's unpossible

• 1 year later...

On a weekend install @ mates rates you really don't want to be learning a new panel structure 'on the hoof'.

I have had to fo this for firms late at night new type panel no info left on site with it, not fun trust me.

I suggest prudent to go with the familiar kit to you, but at some stage buy some other kit in the budget range and play with it at your place, ready for the next time :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived