Security Installer Community

Analogue To Digital

drewabs

hi guys,

after a bit of help please.

customer has 12 tv through his house split under the stairs with a 12 way tv amp/spilter. my customer wants 4 cameras fitting but wants to view pics on exsting tvs. my origanal thoughts was 4 rf mods, different channels etc, but then the tv guy said, most tvs or new tvs now only accept digital signals, once the big switch over has come in tv land to digital, my cameras would stop working. 1 is this true and does any one have any thoughts how to Achieve 4 cams down the exsting 12way tv spiltter ??

thanks

:hmm:

andy

It's going to bugger up a lot of stuff, lots of people have their Sky box powering an amp on RF2, new digi TV's without an analogue tuner won't be able to use that now as well as existing CCTV/Analogue TV interfaces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

thanks guys,

by the look of it , were all going to be in the same boat in one way or another.

thanks for the info anyway

andy

most new digital TV 's still have analogue / dual tuner but this will be phased out over next year or 2

Digital Modulators / loftbox's etc are avalable now but pro circles and seem to be

Archived