Security Installer Community

Medusa Sensor

Hi Everyone bear with me i am new to this site,

I have just put a system in with medusa detectors all is fine barr one detector it triggers the alarm but there are no sounders activated i have checked but it is not programmed to activate silently if anybody has come across this before i would be gratful to know how you sorted it

Hi Everyone bear with me i am new to this site,

I have just put a system in with medusa detectors all is fine barr one detector it triggers the alarm but there are no sounders activated i have checked but it is not programmed to activate silently if anybody has come across this before i would be gratful to know how you sorted it

Hi have checked programming a dozen times it is an avanti xp panel and LCD rkp

Hi have checked programming a dozen times it is an avanti xp panel and LCD rkp

Yes all other zones work correctly the zone in question works on walk test but wont activate bell or internal sounder

Yes all other zones work correctly the zone in question works on walk test but wont activate bell or internal sounder

As Redbull rightly says this is not a problem with the sensor.

If the zone is showing in walk test when the sensor is triggered then there is a problem with the panel (either it is faulty or more likely the zone isn't programmed correctly).

Wiring the sensor to another zone which does trigger the alarm will prove it for certain.

I'm not familiar with this panel but possibly the zone is programmed to be "not used" or similar.

As Redbull rightly says this is not a problem with the sensor.

If the zone is showing in walk test when the sensor is triggered then there is a problem with the panel (either it is faulty or more likely the zone isn't programmed correctly).

Wiring the sensor to another zone which does trigger the alarm will prove it for certain.

I'm not familiar with this panel but possibly the zone is programmed to be "not used" or similar.

cheers appreciate it will try in the morning

Guest RJBsec

If it works in walk test it is probably connected correctly.

Is it in the programme that you are setting prior to making a full test, i.e. it's no good trying to test a detector on the landing if you've set it as bedtime part set!

Hav you programmed it into the system as a security zone?

Assuming that all other detectors cause an alarm activation when the system is set, it must be a programming issue whereby the detector is not in the programme you are setting, or it's not programmed as a zone that will cause an alarm activation.

If it works in walk test it is probably connected correctly.

Is it in the programme that you are setting prior to making a full test, i.e. it's no good trying to test a detector on the landing if you've set it as bedtime part set!

Hav you programmed it into the system as a security zone?

Assuming that all other detectors cause an alarm activation when the system is set, it must be a programming issue whereby the detector is not in the programme you are setting, or it's not programmed as a zone that will cause an alarm activation.

sorted it put it in zone 3 and closed zone 2 programmed zone 2 as not in use and 3 as guard zone now works a treat thanks for the help everyone really appreciate it cheers

Guest RJBsec
sorted it put it in zone 3 and closed zone 2 programmed zone 2 as not in use and 3 as guard zone now works a treat thanks for the help everyone really appreciate it cheers

Yeah that would probably do it on an Avanti :whistle:

Archived