Security Installer Community

Premier Amqd Question

ArsMoriendi

Chaps

If I am forced to mount an AMQD above a door (about 18").. will it trip the anti masking even when the alarm is off, and cause a problem, or is it OK as long as the door is shut when the alarm is activated ? e.g, if the door is open, would it just not let you set the alarm ?

cheers.

Also

Can anyone confirm that both the ceiling and wall brackets are included in the box ?

Got the floorboards up here drilling holes in anticipation of an alarm that has not yet arrived.

Thanks

If it's mounted above a door then yes it could possibly go into a mask condition.

Why if it's only for your house just wire it double eol instead of triple ie not use the antimask?-mainly for commercials to let you know weather some scrote has attempted to bypass a sensor-not gonna be a problem really in your own property!.

And yes brackets are included.

Richard.

If it's mounted above a door then yes it could possibly go into a mask condition.

Why if it's only for your house just wire it double eol instead of triple ie not use the antimask?-mainly for commercials to let you know weather some scrote has attempted to bypass a sensor-not gonna be a problem really in your own property!.

And yes brackets are included.

Richard.

Only ordered the AMQD's because I knew they had the resistors in. I've cancelled the order and placed a new one for the QD's instead - hope you were right about the resistors being in there in the other thread hehe.

If it went into mask condition because the door was open in front of it - what problem would that cause ? Would it just mean the alarm couldn't be set while it was in that state ?

Like you say for your own property hardly a problem anyway.

The mask condition will not allow you to set the system-It will have to clear, you may be able to omit the zone but sorta defeats the object really!.

If the QD's are all mounted on walls as opposed to ceilings then you don't need brackets-just use the relevent knockouts in the backplate to mount on the wall, IMHO it looks better cos they go right into the corner then-obviously any bracket, ceiling or wall, is going to hold it off to some extent and it's not as aesthetically pleasing then.

Unless you get some old stock the QD's will have resistor jumpers, all the ones I have bought in the past 3 years have!.

Any probs call on the forums!-that's what we're here for.

Richard.

Archived