Security Installer Community

Viper

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

Has anyone fitted a Viper/Impaq without using screws? I have a fussy customer that still doesn't want them screwed to his double glazing units, I was wondering if there may be a way of mounting them directly on the glass or something?

Any ideas appreciated!

cheers

Paul

Guest oddsocks

I take your point but if there is a very hard setting (possibly removable by some chemical means) adhesive that would bond plastic to glass surely it would be equally if not more sensitive as there would be no rubber seals between the glazing units and the frame which the sensor would be screwed to. The rubber seals provide draught+waterproofing and also a nice "comfy" cushion for double glazed units to sit in. (reduces transmission of vibration to frame?)

Depending on whether the intruder tries to remove the glazing unit or force the window open it may even be more sensitive.

Also from the outside intruders may see that there is something stuck to the glass.

Not ideal for most situations I agree but if the customer wants it and it maybe feasible I like to look into it.

blue tack is ok but superglue on glass leads to something breaking with a heat change :) (my partner "I know what will hold this rear view mirror on!")

cheers

Paul

if you have a glue gun try that to fit the viprs i have had the same problem and used the glue gun and had no problems with them. might be worth a go

pete

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

I personally would explain the implications of in-secure fixing to the customer, and let them decide if they are required or not. (anything other than a secure screw fixing is not an option)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Im with Pete and Rich on this, there is screw holes for a reason... erm could it be for screws?

I have many customers asking me not to screw door contacts onto PVC doors, and most of the time I can talk them round, on the odd occasion I have used glue, but then charge them when it drops off and needs putting back on!

Sav: Can you please stop writting in capitals! its really annoying and can be read by many users as shouting.

Dale

2 issues here!

1. If you dont follow the manufactures installation instructions and the sensor fails.......YOU are up shitcreek!

2. Fixing to the windows frames with screws may invalidate any warranty on the clients windows.

A bit of a catch 22 really, personally i would'nt fit them without the permission of the client and after pointing out the warranty implications.

One would always cover ones butt! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived