Security Installer Community

Diy Install Of A Texecom Premier 24 Kit

Yoda

i take that fitting the global tamper on the prem 24 is a bad idea?

Yes, it's a bit of a waste.

Far better to have an indication at the panle to tell you which device has been tampered with.

With a global tamper you will have to do a lot more investigation if anything goes wrong.

With a global tamper you will have to do a lot more investigation if anything goes wrong.

Agreed but we are dealing with an inexperienced installer, I was suggesting this as a more simplified route for him to take. If he does get a fault, then the time issue is not a constraint as he would not be charging himself presumably to find it.

Alan...

If he does get a fault, then the time issue is not a constraint as he would not be charging himself presumably to find it.

Other than the utter frustration in trying to find it. :lol:

For DiY (Destroy it Yourself) by far the the easiest way is 'double pole'

2 wires for the 'contact pair' (A) & 2 wires for the 'tamper pair' (T) from each contact point back to the control panel.

In the case of a detector of some sort, 6 wires, the two extra ones are for the 12v supply needed.

This method is shown explicitly in the Premier 24 Installation Manual, page 17 of my copy, look for the Double Pole drawing

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

2 wires for the 'contact pair' (A) & 2 wires for the 'tamper pair' (T) from each contact point back to the control panel.

In the case of a detector of some sort, 6 wires, the two extra ones are for the 12v supply needed.

This method is shown explicitly in the Premier 24 Installation Manual, page 17 of my copy, look for the Double Pole drawing

magpye

Agreed

magpye

only thing is,the premier 24 8 zone box has 2 terminals not 4, so only 2 wires are needed

only thing is,the premier 24 8 zone box has 2 terminals not 4, so only 2 wires are needed

Have a look at the Expander Layout in the manual, it will show you ( page 14, in my manual )

Zone 1 has (A), two terminals, (T), two terminals

I think as has been said before, you need an alarm engineer, this job does not seem to be for you.

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Yoda, guys here have fitted hundreds of systems & seen hundreds of Q's similar to yours about fitting systems.

Remember the above and remember these were the 1st 3 replies in order to HELP you not FLAME you :

Texecom have (as far as I know) the best install manuals of all manfs.

As John Wayne said : "A mans got to know his limitations"

Bite the bullet & find a local company/engineer to help you IMO

cheers

C.

pro gear is not designed for diy use.

Id probably suggest if your that lost you find a local installer to help you out.

You really should have gone for something like Yale or Responses kit's. It sound to me you haven't a clue what your doing and have bitten off more than you can chew. My advice really is get someone in to do it or send it back. As the premier is a proffesional panel which we use for most of our install's. You may damage the panel if you don't know what your doing mate

"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened."

You've tried DIY now it's time to GAMI

"Get A Man In"

:yes:

Have a look at the Expander Layout in the manual, it will show you ( page 14, in my manual )

Zone 1 has (A), two terminals, (T), two terminals

I think as has been said before, you need an alarm engineer, this job does not seem to be for you.

magpye

Perhaps I should elaborate a little

(A) = Alarm terminals, 2

(T) = anti-Tamper terminals, 2

= 4 terminals, 4 wires for Double Pole wiring, the easiest way to go

AUX 12v (between Zones 2 & 3 are for the 12v (+&-) feed to your Pirs)

Yoda,

I apologise, I must be having a Blond Day :banghead:

I thought you were talking about the 8XP Zone Expander, not the panel.

Let's have another go shall we?

You need the End of Line connections, as on my page 17 of the manual, with the resistors wired as per the drawing.

The middle of the three is the one you should be looking at, 1 Normally Closed Device - IGNORE the top connections to (A)&(T), that's the expander I was talking about.

The middle refers to the two at the panel you are talking about

Hope this helps, this time, let's make up :kissblush:

magpye

Archived