Security Installer Community

Nsi Minimum Requirement For Engineers

Huxley

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this but, Is there a minimum requirement for the amount of engineers to the amount of contract maintained systems ?

like 2 engineers to 1000 systems etc ?

Thanks Huxley

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this but, Is there a minimum requirement for the amount of engineers to the amount of contract maintained systems ?

like 2 engineers to 1000 systems etc ?

Thanks Huxley

Not really. The equation is more one of ensuring you complete 100% of maintenance visits under your contracted agreements each period (month) and that you respond to all callouts within four hours.

Realistically, it would depend on how big an area you cover, how many systems in that area, how long a maintenance takes, how many callouts you typically receive in a day, week, month.....

London, for example, would probably require a higher number of engineers to a given number of systems than would rural areas - but again, it may be that in rural areas, your systems are so far apart that you need more engineers because of the size of area.

Typically, you'd expect an engineer to cover around 3-500 systems, as I say, depending on the weighting factors.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

i dont think they were flexible at all?

Im sure they are still current

Must admit Redbull I can't really remember that clearly.

I do remeber taking it up with a Naccos inspector once when I was taking him around on visits and I'm sure he said there was some flexibility back then. (we had 3 service engineers at our branch and we felt we were understaffed, I was looking for ammo)!

If there wasn't there would be a situation where a company with 300 installations and one engineer would suddenly need another engineer if they installed one more system.

I think there has to be allowances made for geography as well, it must be easier to cope with 300 systems in one town than 300 systems spread over a huge rural area for eg.

I don't know the definitive answer but I would imagine the inspectorates have rules to govern this, if not perhaps it's just a case of ensuring that you have the capability to engineer the systems in accordance with the standards?

NACP 11 page 8 para 7.3 issue 1 1 December 1990

'As a guide the following is a scale of installations per technician for routine maintenance and serviceing:

Up to 150 installations - 1 technician

150 - 500 installations - 2 technicians

+1 additional technician for every 250 installations over 500'

Their is a bit more about geographics, commitments etc, it does go on to say that their is still the need to provide adequate cover at all times.

Archived