Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration Pbx

Alphatech

Hello, please help, I bought a second user BT Inspiration PBX to replace our existing one but when I connected it to all extensions and our 4 analogue lines, everything seems normall except outgoing lines are all busy and you cannot call in either. As soon as I press for a free line, "line busy" shows on the screen. Can anyone shed a light to this please? The new PBX has ISDN card inside where our existing one does not, could this be the problem? my grateful thanks in anticipation.

Hello, please help, I bought a second user BT Inspiration PBX to replace our existing one but when I connected it to all extensions and our 4 analogue lines, everything seems normall except outgoing lines are all busy and you cannot call in either. As soon as I press for a free line, "line busy" shows on the screen. Can anyone shed a light to this please? The new PBX has ISDN card inside where our existing one does not, could this be the problem? my grateful thanks in anticipation.

I may clutching at straws but i have the same issue and noted that if i remove the isdn card i just get the message 'not equipped' I dont have the luxury of having spare pstn cards to try but if I were you I'd swap out the isdn's for the pstn's from your old system and give that a go (assuming they are the same model)

Thanks

kw

ps (i'm no expert, so you may want to get a second opinion :hmm:

I may clutching at straws but i have the same issue and noted that if i remove the isdn card i just get the message 'not equipped' I dont have the luxury of having spare pstn cards to try but if I were you I'd swap out the isdn's for the pstn's from your old system and give that a go (assuming they are the same model)

Thanks

kw

ps (i'm no expert, so you may want to get a second opinion :hmm:

Thank you for your input acsted, I am hopint lectrician add his comment as he is an expert. Please keep checking back for his advice.

Thanks

HM

I just got back from hols today :)

You need to remove the ISDN cards (line cards and clocking card) and fit some PSTN line cards (2). You then need to equip the lines in the engineers programming menus.

Why did you swap the system? What had gone wrong with the old one? Could the PSTN line cards be damaged too?

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

I just got back from hols today :)

You need to remove the ISDN cards (line cards and clocking card) and fit some PSTN line cards (2). You then need to equip the lines in the engineers programming menus.

Why did you swap the system? What had gone wrong with the old one? Could the PSTN line cards be damaged too?

Thank you Lectrician, with your great help last week I got the old one working but the extension 24 remained faulty, hence and because we have a lot of feature phones I decided to buy this one from eBay as a back up. The seller told me that it works well and I am hoping to get it going. I will remove the ISDN cards on Monday and I think a PSTN card is already installed as I noticed the ISDN cards are underneath the PSTN. I comapred it with our old one and noticed ISDN cards are extra in the new one but the voice mail card is missing, which is not important as we have one in the old unit. Can an end user access the engineers menue?

Thanks again

Thank you Lectrician, with your great help last week I got the old one working but the extension 24 remained faulty, hence and because we have a lot of feature phones I decided to buy this one from eBay as a back up. The seller told me that it works well and I am hoping to get it going. I will remove the ISDN cards on Monday and I think a PSTN card is already installed as I noticed the ISDN cards are underneath the PSTN. I comapred it with our old one and noticed ISDN cards are extra in the new one but the voice mail card is missing, which is not important as we have one in the old unit. Can an end user access the engineers menue?

Thanks again

I believe you already have to do some programming havn't you? It's where you program the ring groups and which phones ring for which line or line group etc. Also where you change extension names at the like.

Press programming, scroll to system and enter the passcode (default 1111). Or a quicker way is to dial ##1111

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

I believe you already have to do some programming havn't you? It's where you program the ring groups and which phones ring for which line or line group etc. Also where you change extension names at the like.

Press programming, scroll to system and enter the passcode (default 1111). Or a quicker way is to dial ##1111

Thank you , I will try these on Monday and post the results.

Archived