Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Rkp Problem

rossta

Hi everyone,

First post here - it's amazing what you find on t'internet ! Looks very useful this site :P

I have a problem with my DIY install of a Accenta G3 and RKP. I have a Reson8 bellbox, 4 PIRs and a couple of contact switches. There are 3 zones altogether.

When turning on power to the control panel, the alarm goes off (as you would expect). I type the code into the keypad and the alarm turns off. 3 seconds later the alarm trips again (without any of the PIRs activating it and with all contact doors shut). I type the code into the keypad and this turns the alarm off. After that the keypad becomes unusable (no noise is emitted when pressing the buttons and you cannot set the alarm or anything).

Do you have any ideas why this might be happening ? I have tried disconnecting all the PIRs. I also have the tamper circuit jumpered (the small wire inside the control panel connecting both tamper terminals so it doesnt trip). The 12V battery inside the control panel is 6 months old so should be functioning fine (i think ?!!) however I took this out off the control panel and just had it powered by mains and still the problem exists.

I've just got a multimeter so I could do some testing on the wiring in case this is the issue (any pointers on how to do this would be greatly appreciated !)

Might it be the RKP fuse ? I've not checked to see if its blown but would this cause this kind of behaviour ?

Many thanks to anyone that can help me with this - I just want my home to be secure !! :unsure:

Thanks

Hi everyone,

First post here - it's amazing what you find on t'internet ! Looks very useful this site :P

I have a problem with my DIY install of a Accenta G3 and RKP. I have a Reson8 bellbox, 4 PIRs and a couple of contact switches. There are 3 zones altogether.

When turning on power to the control panel, the alarm goes off (as you would expect). I type the code into the keypad and the alarm turns off. 3 seconds later the alarm trips again (without any of the PIRs activating it and with all contact doors shut). I type the code into the keypad and this turns the alarm off. After that the keypad becomes unusable (no noise is emitted when pressing the buttons and you cannot set the alarm or anything).

Do you have any ideas why this might be happening ? I have tried disconnecting all the PIRs. I also have the tamper circuit jumpered (the small wire inside the control panel connecting both tamper terminals so it doesnt trip). The 12V battery inside the control panel is 6 months old so should be functioning fine (i think ?!!) however I took this out off the control panel and just had it powered by mains and still the problem exists.

I've just got a multimeter so I could do some testing on the wiring in case this is the issue (any pointers on how to do this would be greatly appreciated !)

Might it be the RKP fuse ? I've not checked to see if its blown but would this cause this kind of behaviour ?

Many thanks to anyone that can help me with this - I just want my home to be secure !! :unsure:

Thanks

You have a tamper fault on the system :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

so if i disconnected the bellbox (can you do that ?!!) then it all should work. hmm, Ill give it a go tonight. obviously if that is the problem then ill have a look at why within the bellbox.

thanks people, will let you know !

You have a tamper fault on the system :hmm:

many thanks. is the whole keypad not working thing indicative of tamper faults ? if so, why don't they put that in the manual !!! :banned:

Archived